1994/95 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR, light usage (in USA)

Scarab

Retro Newbie
$500 shipped to you, if you are CONUS. I will trade (trade+cash if needed) for a newer mountain bike--I need something with at least 8 speed cassette, disk brakes, and a single pivot type of rear suspension.

I bought the bare frame back in 1995, and installed componenents I had at the time from my hard tail. I rode it when I was in college, and a little bit after college, then put it away for a while. I got it out about 3 years ago, and tuned it up, and rode it for about a year, then stopped again.

1994 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR s-works (aluminum Fox Air Shock).

I had 1993 Rock Shlocks (haha) with extended travel kit installed (these are the 2nd gen pre-Judy forks). They have a Mag 20 crown and steel steerer. I also have the Mag21 crown and steel steerer, but its a 1" steerer, and I bought the mag20 crown because it had a 1 1/8 steerer.

Last year, I obtained a much newer fork with more travel and put that on, and at the same time, had to upgrade the front brake to straight pull (V-brake), as my old cantilevered brakes require a cable stop that the new fork does not have.

Manitou Fork: A friend of mine sold me his stock Manitou fork from his 2000 Stumpjumper FSR. Its a cheapie but it works a lot better than my 1993 Schlock Shox Mag 21, and it has a disc brake boss. I can't justtify the cost of DB right now, so I put an Avid V-Brake style straight pull on the front. The rear remains Diacomp 987 cantilever.

1993 XTR cranks, full size sprockets, before they went to the smaller stuff front and rear, back in 1994 or 95.

1993 Deore DX front Derailier (meant for full size stuff)
1994 XT rear Derailer (full size)
7 speed Simano cassette ( 34T - 12 I think)
RapidfirePlus shifters and brake levers. I have the lowest grade Shimano ones on now (bought them new in 1992, and they still haven't worn out), and I have replacement XT rapidfirePlus new in box. (I can post photo of the XT RapidFire Plus still new in box --let me know).
Both sets are 7 speed on the right side.
Mavic 231 rims, with XT hubs

all drivetrain parts I have is Shimano, no crap
Kalloy Uno stem,
A-head set
Sealed bearing Shimano BB (back then, some bike still had non-sealed bearing!)

Lightwieght Vetta saddle that needs replacting.
Onza clipless pedals, the ones that had the elastomer springs. I have cleats and extra parts for these Onza's. Consider the pedals free.

Handlebars are Zoom Brahma with integrated bar ends (I never understood the clamp on style of bar end craze).

Here is how it looked before the newer fork was put on:
small_5179.jpg

Photo of her taken today July 21, 2010:

IMG_1919.jpg

I upgraded the fork and the front brack to an Avid straight pull (V-brake type). Please note that the downtube (as well as most of the other tubes) have "ski-saver" clear thick protecting tape on them. The tape is peeling in places, and makes the tubes look worse than they really are. I can peel the tape and clean up the bike to give people a better idea as to condition. There are no major scratches or major areas of missing paint, and there are no dents. I would be happy to peel the tape, clean the gook off, and post new photos. Just minor scratches:

IMG_1920.jpg

I have not put the XT 7 speed RapidfirePlus shifters/brake levers on yet. THese are NEW IN BOX.

from the Specialized catalog:

1995SpecializedStumpjumperFSRS-WorksCatalog1.jpg

1995SpecializedStumpjumperFSRS-WorksCatalog2.jpg

http://www.mombat.org/1994_Stumpjumper_FSR.htm

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice! :cool:
-Although I don't think it's a S Works shock, just a standard Fox Alpes.

Retro FSR's are a bunch of fun. Very light compared to my GT's and it's a steel frame. :shock: :D

28287_10150157637480541_717250540_12077014_8030318_n.jpg

^ Mine. (Work in progress)

Specialized stem on Ebay, and I think KeithT has the FSX for up for grabs.
Can easily be put back to original spec. ;)

As I recall, the S-Works FSR's had an anodized aluminum shock shaft (which mine does), whereas the regular FSR's had a steel shaft (heavier shock).

Mine also has the original S-Works sticker on it (the bike has the original stickers from 1994--I know because I have owned it since then).

Nice bike... here's mine mid rebuild. I know these bikes well and they are from 1993/94. The 1995 SWorks bikes came with white writing and slightly longer travel. Also the shocks are different to the standard FSR Fox shocks that came on the later military green FSRs for example.

Cant wait to finish mine next week

Attachments

• IMG_3708.JPG
    IMG_3708.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 1,463
a few more... all in progress.

Attachments

• IMG_3695.JPG
    IMG_3695.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 1,454
  • IMG_3698.JPG
    IMG_3698.JPG