Breaking...my Indy Fab WITHDRAWN

Harryburgundy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Don't ask why :(

Breaking my Independent Fabrication Deluxe. Believed to be 1995 and #25...no frame number.
Some words from the guy I bought it from...

Hey Carl,

That is my old frame. I bought it from ebay as a complete bike. The original color was blue & it was first bought from Mystic Bike in Mystic,CT. The listing off of ebay was from San Diego. I sent it back to IF & had them repaint the frame(Carbon Black I think was the color name,its in the older color choices) and build the fork for me. After building it I figured out that it was an inch to small. If I remembered correctly the ser. # is IF25SD & that the frame is #25 out of the factory & they told me that they never saw such a well preserved frame of its age @ the time of repaint. I replaced it with a new custom frame set from IF, the new bike rules and fits like a glove! It was a great bike & I’m glad to see it still being used. I hope you get miles of fun from it, enjoy. Cheers!!

Rob

Frame remains in lovely condition...some small marks to the drive-side chainstay..a chip here and there..and a touch up where Rob fitted amech too soon after the repaint...and pulled some paint when he converted to SS. All these are something of nothing. The frame is an absolute beauty.
Size is small/medium ish...I'll double check..but about 17" seat-tube and 22.25" top.

For Sale as follows:-

Frame/IF fork/mango King headset/green Salsa seat-post clamp/ ControlTech stem and XT BB
£600 ex shipping

If bought with the bike as listed above, the following options as extras. Please don't pm me about these parts separately.

Ti Syncros Seatpost £70

Ti X-Lite Bars £30

Middleburn wheelset comprising of gold hubs laced with silver DB spokes to 117 ceramic rims...rims have some minor pitting...low miles really and excellent. £200

Modern Avid Ultimate V Brakes with ceramic Kool-Stop pads £80

Modern Avid Ultimate levers £90

Please, serious enquiries only...please reply here and I will get back to you.

Opps...just realised I don't have up to date pictures..the first two still show with CK wheels and black post clamp...the dark piccy shows the Middleburn wheels and green salsa clamp as the bike is now....I'll update with better pictures for those interested.

Ta
Carl

Stuffforsale271.jpg

Stuffforsale272.jpg

Stuffforsale670.jpg

And a reply from the IF site regarding the frame

Carl,

I'm passing on info that I received about a similar question.

From a member of the FatCogs forum:

"True Temper was the only tubing 95 IFs were built out of. IIRC 853 wasn't even available yet. The rumor at the time was that the IF boys used the same tubes the Yo was built with. Story was that Fat split town and left an outstanding order or something with True Temper for tubes and the IF boys went ahead and bought those tubes. Could have been myth building at the time since they were all pretty bitter about the whole Fat situation and were trying to vilify Chris and Wendyl. The idea that Fat pulled a midnight run and left material behind has been disabused by i-robot, but the idea that they left an order hanging with TT is believable.

So, basically the early IFs were True Temper, same geo as a Yo Eddy, Ritchey dropouts and downtube cable routing for the derailleurs. My understanding was that downtube routing was used to make it more obvious the frame wasn't a copy of a Yo.
True Temper was the only tubing 95 IFs were built out of. IIRC 853 wasn't even available yet. The rumor at the time was that the IF boys used the same tubes the Yo was built with. Story was that Fat split town and left an outstanding order or something with True Temper for tubes and the IF boys went ahead and bought those tubes. Could have been myth building at the time since they were all pretty bitter about the whole Fat situation and were trying to vilify Chris and Wendyl. The idea that Fat pulled a midnight run and left material behind has been disabused by i-robot, but the idea that they left an order hanging with TT is believable.

So, basically the early IFs were True Temper, same geo as a Yo Eddy, Ritchey dropouts and downtube cable routing for the derailleurs. My understanding was that downtube routing was used to make it more obvious the frame wasn't a copy of a Y

Noooooo!
I only saw this for the first time today and I absolutely love it! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Not even the slightest chance of me getting that kind of cash together for another bike though :cry:

Good luck with the sale, I don't think there's any need for me to vouch for how well looked after Carl's stuff is :D

mikkel":f558t0yv said:
Love that frame! The best for you is to trade it for my Eriksen plus a little bit of cash my way ;)

:D Sorry Mikkel, as much as I would love the Eriksen, cash is king at the moment.

And thanks for the comments Pete. ;)

-do i want an IF?.... check.
-is it my size?... check.
-do i like the color?.... check.
-do i need it?.... irrelevant
-do i have the cash?... mmm let me see

would love to see more pics though!

ta

xced":30yfov51 said:
-do i want an IF?.... check.
-is it my size?... check.
-do i like the color?.... check.
-do i need it?.... irrelevant
-do i have the cash?... mmm let me see

would love to see more pics though!

ta

I'll take some better pictures when I have broken it down a bit. Too busy the start of the week though. In the meantime here are some earlier build pictures.

Stuffforsale189.jpg

Stuffforsale190.jpg

Back