1988 Fat Chance frame- $150 obo

GoldenEraMTB

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I believe this to be a 1988 Fat Chance (Serial # 8869:cool:. The serial number is stamped on the topside of the BB, as opposed to the bottom side of the bb bracket like on most Fats. I read the serial number as above, but it could also be read as 86988, though I don't believe this to be a 1986 model.

Measurement from center of bb spindle to top of seat tube is 19"; from center of bb spindle to center of top tube is 17", with a tt measurement of a hair under 22" (21.75).

This is just for the frame and pressed bottom bracket with clamps/spacers, as pictured. Strong seatpost not included, but can be for a few bucks more. A seatpost q/r lever will be included with the collar, but it won't be the american classic pictured. I'll include a shimano or suntour.

Now for the bad news, and why it's going cheap:
the frame has some rust spots. The inside of the seat tube and head tube has very minor rust (surface in spots). The outside of the frame has a few rust/rough spots, where the paint had been scratched off, and never touched up, so now there is rust. They are all pictured. Without sanding off the paint, I won't be able to tell how deep it goes, but it's not flaking off. This will be a rider or need a restore.

I rode the bike several times before parting it out, and the frame rode great; I hope the issues are only cosmetic, but the price reflects the work the buyer might have to do...or not.

$150 SOLD

now for the pics:
IMG_0024-3.jpg

IMG_0021-4.jpg

IMG_0020-6.jpg

IMG_0019-4.jpg

IMG_0017-4.jpg

IMG_0014-5.jpg

IMG_0006-5.jpg

IMG_0001-4.jpg

IMG_0025-4.jpg

clockworkgazz":1nh8weql said:
kaiser":1nh8weql said:
Hi Rob is that including shipping? :)

amazing deal if it does, would have iced this but cannot be doing with low slung u brakes :twisted:

Well I can :D

Dormant for several months, Britain's mysterious 'Fat Triangle' claims another victim, it's eerie influence reaching all the way across the Atlantic.

fattriangle.jpg

zigzag":31usj0c2 said:
Dormant for several months, Britain's mysterious 'Fat Triangle' claims another victim, it's eerie influence reaching all the way across the Atlantic.

fattriangle.jpg

i was thinking , that should be a square with a nice fat around the edinburgh area ;)

So - did Kaiser get it and, more importantly, did the $150 include shipping, bargainhunters :?:

:LOL:

big.eck":mjo04ps7 said:
Mr Panda":mjo04ps7 said:
So - did Kaiser get it and, more importantly, did the $150 include shipping, bargainhunters :?:

:LOL:

tune in tomorrow to see ;) :LOL:
Aiieeee, it's spreading! I'm concerned that Falkirk will now lie within the dreaded... Fat Rectange! :D

Back