djoptix "my sanity depends on it" BIG SALE

djoptix

Senior Retro Guru
New MTB for sale thread: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=121379
New Road for sale thread: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=121380

My name's djoptix and I'm an addict.

We've all been there. For me it started when I bought a commuter bike. After a couple of weeks of riding my lovely Genesis Flyer I was bitten by the bike bug. I acquired a nice DMR to ride at the weekend. But then it all started to go wrong.

I found retrobike and got karma-d a frame. Then I was on the lookout for parts. Then I realised I had a nice Carrera frame that I could build a purple retro ride from. I started obsessively watching the For Sale forums, changing my build plans every other day and ending up with umpteen parts that I didn't need. I bid on retro tat on eBay. I checked the forum when I got into work, at lunch, when I got home, and before I went to bed. I abused my work internet dongle to keep up to date with RB. Before I knew it I was in deep, muttering about "double butted cro-mo classic" and "purple ano loveliness" in my sleep. I neglected my daily bikes, devoting my time to scouting for retro goodness rather than maintaining what I had. I realised that my retro obsession had started to own me, not the other way round...

OK, I'm exaggerating a bit. And I love this forum, you're all top chaps! But I desperately need to look into the man cave and see some finished bikes that I've built up. At the moment the thrill of the build has eclipsed the joy of the ride, and that's not right. So I'm going to build up my Pioneer and get rid of my other stuff. All prices include postage to UK, karma stuff will be +postage at cost. I know that some of this is tat, but I'm a recovering hoarder and I just want to see if it can go to use rather than to waste. Can you help me by giving some of this a good home? :D

Some retro bits to start off with.

Shims (not shown), one to adapt your 1" quill for a 1&1/8" steerer, the other to adapt your 1" stem for a 1&1/8" steerer. £1.50 each or £2.50 for both.

32t 4-bolt ring, stamped with "heat treated" and "32-V5-2000". Has ramps etc. Looks hardly worn. £3 - sold

42t old skool Shimano trouserguard VGC, with mount screws. £2.50

Pair of red Kool-Stop canti pads, used but even wear on both and lots of meat left before the wear line. £3

Pair of Primo E-brake pads. I'll throw in the shonky Primo e-brake bits that came with them but I doubt they'll be much good. £3

BMX Giro bits. Karma

Nasty plastic pedals, hardly any wear but graunchy bearings, however I'm sure that this is just lack of use and they will free up nicely. £2

Generic bear trap pedals. Bearings not Chris King standard but spin OK. Spiky! £3 sold

Shimano platform/SPD combos. £15 - sold

Pair of reflectors - Cateye branded. Rusty but usable mounting bolts included. Not cool, but will possibly stop you being run over. Ideal for kids' bike? £2

VP bottom bracket - the only identifying mark is "VP-BC55", it's 68mm with a 120mm axle (I think). Semi cartridge style. Bearings not 100% due to lack of use, but with a clean and a regrease, should be peachy. £5

parts1.JPG

And now some more modern ones...

Profile Design Air Wing TT bar, 42cm/26mm version, currently wearing cable surrounds for bar end levers, covered with Fizik tape which I will leave on in case the new owner can make use of it - it's bloody good stuff. Has stem clamp marks, otherwise VGC. £20

Raceface Evolve XC 31.8mm flat bar, uncut, good condition. £12 - sold

Bontrager Sport drops, 42cm and 26mm again, VGC. £12

ITM low-pro bar end levers, perfect for the fixie fancier! One has a scratch from leaning on a wall, other one is all good. Silly light. £10, sold

Shimano R600 drop levers (pair), good for super SLR, super light and minty. £25

Easton Vice stem, weighs as much as your cat but is stronger than a very very strong thing on National Strong Day. By far the most rigid stem I've ever used. 65mm and 10 degrees. 31.8mm, obviously. VGC and currently out of stock at CRC! £25

Part of a DMR STS chain tensioner, £2, sold

Unbranded screw-on 16t cog. £4

Unbranded screw-on 18t cog. £4

Triple butted P2s, 160mm steerer, 1&1/8", threaded, incl headset. Two dents on LH leg, one on decal, one higher up. Straight and very light. Wanting what they cost me, which AFAICR was £20 - sold

42t alloy chainring, no ramps so single ring use only. Unused by me and very, very little wear. Nice and light too. Again wanting what it cost me, £8.

parts2.JPG

And some more retro. Probably the best that you could say about this stuff is that it would be absolutely perfect for a catalogue-replica, low-end mid-nineties Raleigh...

The best first, SRAM MRX-200-70 Gripshifts
, 7x3, working well (hardly used, I reckon) and VGC apart from a couple of scratches where some muppet turned the bike upside down earlier on today. £10

RSP (Raleigh Special Products) silver flat bars, pockmarked with rust but perfectly usable. Splined stem mount. £4

1" quill stem which would go nicely with the above bars. Rusty stem clamp bolt. Complete with plastic top cap. Again with surface rust. £3

Unbranded bendy canti levers. Bolts rusty, but working. Karma.

Selle Royal Contour saddle. Rails rusty, not light, but very comfy. Not my style. Sorry, now keeping this - was priced at £4

parts3.JPG

And now for the slightly more interesting stuff - the "I'm getting the hell out of this 1" game" items.

21", 1995 (I think), Saracen Rufftrax frame. Weighed on the kitchen scales at a lardy 3kg, but whenever I mention it on this forum everyone says how nicely they ride. I freed the old BB which was stuck in the frame and cleaned it up - BB threads are fine. It's a lovely deep green colour. Would love to see it go to a good home. Obviously needs decals. Dead Rats has dibs if he wants it back. Would prefer not to post - pickup from East Manchester. I will throw in the set of Truvativ FiveD cranks which are shonky and the tapers look worn, but they are a decent colour match for the frame to get you started. Will also throw in a shonky old Powerpro BB to use them with. It was karma to me, so it's karma to you. Oh, and it's 21" BB-centre of TT, TT length is 22.5", seat tube ID is 26.4mm, and the head tube is 1" and 160mm. Gone back to Dead Rats HQ to be reunited with its forks:)

DSCF4959.JPG

DSCF4961.JPG

DSCF4962.JPG

DSCF4974.JPG

Carrera tange Flex Quest frame and fork. Frame alone weighed at about 2500g - bombproof. I've listed this before, now relisting with a price drop and more for your money! Semi horizontal dropouts so singlespeed/fixie capable. Not NOS by any stretch of the imagination; has chainslap, one small dent on top tube, scratches, surface rust. Nevertheless it rode very well when it was built up, and haz purple! 1" headtube which is 140mm long. Sale to include the 1" threaded fork, headset, and unbranded (not the Zoom one pictured) canti noodle. Integrated seat tube clamp. It's 20.5" BB-TT, TT is 22", seat tube ID is 26.4mm I think. Edit - no it isn't it's 26.2, cheers Skeelsie. £20 plus postage, and again pickup preferred (East Mancs). Free cup of tea with pickup.

DSCF4958.JPG

DSCF4963.JPG

DSCF4964.JPG

DSCF4965.JPG

Dibs in this thread FIRST followed by PM please. Lots of love.

Optix[/url]

If you want to know the model of the carrera it's a flex quest as i have the same bike in my gagage :cool:

Back