Marzocchi FS - IS disc brake adaptors.

Howdy, a couple of queries:

- are these still at £25 a pop, or still dependant on order numbers fulfilled?
- re: older dual mount Z1s. Are there any plans to make a mirrored adapter for a right side fitting?

Second prototype - 3D Printed.
Disc is a 160mm, as it is an Avid caliper it needs the cup and cone washers. Other calipers shouldn't need this.
I will also make an add-on part that will let you use a 180mm or 185mm disc. Are 180mm and 185mm still in use?
They will be made out of laser cut stainless steel, aluminium doesn't have as good a finish for laser cutting (nor water jet cutting).
Edge finish will be similar or maybe a bit worse than the part in the picture below.
The offset and the drilling and taping of the four holes will need to be done on a milling machine.
I may get them chemical blacked, it will give a dull black finish to them, what do you think?

Tested the plastic one for an hour today, constant braking from speed, down the steps of doom and several hundred endo's and its fine!

Quality workmanship and as for pulling endo’s on a plastic pre-pro brake adaptor takes the biscuit

romanrinos":33w5ahuc said:
Howdy, a couple of queries:

- are these still at £25 a pop, or still dependant on order numbers fulfilled?
- re: older dual mount Z1s. Are there any plans to make a mirrored adapter for a right side fitting?

No idea on price, hopefully similar. I'm not holding anyone to anything.
The parts I get laser cut can be machined to fit either side. I don´t know how the caliper would fits on the other side, is there a specific caliper they made for it?

Top drawer work! I quite like the green too! :) The blackened finish I reckon would look smart and give it a professional finish.

Re: otherside for the olderside of the twin tab, I saw another post on here with someone asking this, but unless i'm missing something, I also dont understand why you couldn't just use the same fitting and bolt from the other side?

Formula still make 80mm rotors as i have two here (not sure if 85s are common with other manufacturers?) so would be good to cater for both sizes if possible?

Latest posts

Back