1994 Kona Fire Mountain - only £80

A

Anonymous

As the title: 1994 Kona Fire Mountain, in red as John's catalogue photo:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/v/M ... 6.jpg.html

In pretty much original build condition.
Frame is 16" centre to top tube, 18" centre to top of seat tube.
- could do with a repaint: it's been used as my main mountain bike until about 12 months ago, so has been serviced and maintained in a rideable condition.
- no dings or dents that I've spotted.
Project 2 forks.
Girvin Flexstem with no-name riser bars fitted.
- original Velocity stem & RaceLight handlebars included. Need a shim for the bars to stem.
- grips are SuperStar soft rubber knobbly ones.
- I have a pair of rubber covered bar ends that came with the bike, and there's a pair of Amazon Special bars ends on at the moment.
Shimano Parallax hubs with good, straight aluminium rims.
- can't feel any play in the bearings and they've been cleaned & greased regularly.
- fitted with Conti Mountain King 2.2" tyres with ~60-70% tread left.
- I think I've got the original locking front QR skewer somewhere: I'll throw that in if I can find it.
Shimano STX front & rear mech.
- New 7s cassette and chain less than 150 miles ago.
- Shimano Deore thumbshifters, 3x7, in decent condition.
Shimano Hyperdrive-C triple chainset w/ 175mm cranks.
Original seat post with Hope QR clamp and Charge Spoon saddle.
- original Kona seat clamp included.
- original Kona saddle available
Kona metal brake levers w/ Shimano Deore front V brake & Tektro rear.
- original Shimano cantis (STX?) included, including straddle cables, Dog Collar cable guide and the red cable outer sleeve if I can find it.
Pedals not included - I need them for my next project.

The bike is really well suited to the increasing number of adventure cross / gravel / CX sportives that are popping up. Light & quite quick.

Reason for selling is that I need the space for my next project (a recumbent bike which seems to be taking up A LOT of room) and the fact that my elbows and wrists need a suspension bike for a more forgiving ride on the rocky descents here in the Cotwolds.

Pictures now uploaded to my Google Photos album here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/EZyxAxkWF4gp5kwm6

Price reduced to £80....
Collection from B50 4AR, or meet somewhere within about an hour of here to exchange by arrangement.

Re:

Sorry. Family situation has prevented me logging in. This is now sold.

Back