GT Xizang large for sale: £699

brimham

Retro Newbie
This is my much loved GT Xizang, which has been modified as you will see from the 1990s original. The titanium frame can now accept disc brakes on the rear wheel, though the original fittings for centre-pull brakes are still there.
I bought the bike from a mate way back so I can't tell you how old it is apart from some time in the early to mid 1990s. The frame stamp would suggest 1997 but that's just guesswork.
The tubing is too narrow to accept a hydraulic dropper post so it now has a mechanical KS dropper post that works very well.
The rear cassette is Shimano Dyna-Sys SLX 10 Speed Cassette Silver 11-36 with an expander sprocket from On-One that makes it 11-42.
The Rear Derailleur is Shimano Deore M615 Shadow+ - 10 Speed / Long Cage SGS, operated by Shimano SLX M670 Right Hand 10 Speed Rapidfire Pod Right Hand 10 Speed.
The front crank is a 30T On-one.
Mudhuggers fitted front and back.
Carbon bottlerack.

If you have any questions or want me to send further photos then please contact me: Jim Simpson 07977 180109

Attachments

• eOAArqkMQVeTihoXGnSnSg.jpg
    eOAArqkMQVeTihoXGnSnSg.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 607
  • uGC8kzzSSvGXL1K5Ay4oEg.jpg
    uGC8kzzSSvGXL1K5Ay4oEg.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 607
  • 8NkpVZIuTe6kmlwgFep4dA.jpg
    8NkpVZIuTe6kmlwgFep4dA.jpg
  • eOAArqkMQVeTihoXGnSnSg.jpg
    eOAArqkMQVeTihoXGnSnSg.jpg
  • Qp0JSEQGTimjSkWmrsUI1Q.jpg
    Qp0JSEQGTimjSkWmrsUI1Q.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 607
  • kfzrlP%MQz2HB+yCC2FZDg.jpg
    kfzrlP%MQz2HB+yCC2FZDg.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 607
  • kfzrlP%MQz2HB+yCC2FZDg.jpg
    kfzrlP%MQz2HB+yCC2FZDg.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 607
Re:

Hi Jim, i think you may need to post up some close up photos of said modification to the frame as thats not normally the done thing for this type of frame.

Also some background on who did it ect might help too.

Cheers

Back