1990 Trek 8000 Aluminum 20in - $150

Lickskillet

Dirt Disciple
Hello Retrobikers!

Long time lurker, first time seller. I'm looking to part with my Trek 8000, and I'm having a hard time putting it on Craigslist as it's likely the buyer would not respect it's retroness/trash it.

The bike is an Easton aluminum frame with a steel fork. When I bought it several years ago it appeared to be completely stock and all original. The bike has a full Shimano DX group including headset, pedals, BB, hubs, cantis, drivetrain, and so on. The tires were dry rotting so they've been replaced. I did keep the original Vetta seat, foam grips and DX pedals. Other components include Trek Matrix rims and seatpost, Tioga T-bone stem and True Temper handlebar.

I've used the bike as a bar hopper/kid trailer puller and kept it in my garage so it remains in good condition without a ton of miles. There is some chain suck damage from the original owner and some wear on the paint in general from normal use/storage, but nothing to bad. All parts are in normal working order. I've attached a pic of the bike as it currently sits. I'm happy to take more pics of anything as requested.

I'm not looking for money as much as I would like to get the bike to someone who would appreciate the coolness of a 30 year old mountain bike. If you're interested in certain pieces, I'd be happy to work a deal so I can get rid of the whole bike at once along with any specific part you want. All questions and/or corrections welcome. I'm by no means an expert, but hopefully I can provide good information. Brooks saddle and lights not included. Thanks for looking!

Logan in Boulder, CO.

Attachments

• IMG_1937.jpg
    IMG_1937.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 176
Back