1990 Alpinestars Cro-Mega DX - complete, cheap, with issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rod_Saetan

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Just not going to get round to finishing this. It has some issues that need sorting before it goes back together, but once done it'll be a nice example, and it'll come with some decent NOS parts too. Problems are in bold for clarity!

16" frame, non-elevated, stuck seatpost (has been soaking in PlusGas for weeks, but I have no vice to hand to give it a go, original headset (needs a refurb), fork, stem, bar. Paint is good and whilst there are some marks a good T Cut will have it looking good.
Full DX group including HG70 cassette, cantis, shifters/brake levers, front band on mech, chainset, rear mech, Shimano BB.
DX hubs laced to Araya rims, freehub body has gone so needs replacing, non stainless spokes are rusty in places.
Original Avocet saddle included but knackered, I can sell you an awesome neon yellow Avocet racing saddle though.
Includes some VP pedals, seat QR, Schwalbe tyres.
Also comes with: NOS neon yellow foam grips, NOS neon yellow toe clips, NOS Shimano 2.0mm brake cable set, NOS pair of Continental blackwall tyres, couple of bottle cages.
Just needs a chain and a couple of cables plus mechanicing time to get it back to great nick.

Pics coming....

£100 for the lot
Located SW London, but can box up for a courier.

Hi I’m interested in this to buy for a friend that lives in Croydon, I look forward to photos!

Pics:

QY0oaIa.jpg

fp83TSY.jpg

qgBWBtQ.jpg

s2LhJVt.jpg

5ld694a.jpg

fOrlGPP.jpg

zTSKbwQ.jpg

hUpF1Fc.jpg

Re:

My favourite scheme ever. Be like Mike Kloser.
Inch and a quarter and straight-blades too. Awesome stuff.
Must resist....

Re:

Cool bikes. I bought one from schmu's in Swansea I about 1990 I think

Managed to collapse the forks and bend the seatpost after a bad landing and then it was nicked a couple of months later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back