Muddy Fox Explorer 18.5

Alex Rankin

Retro Newbie
I saved this from the local tip, its working and apart from he back tyre 100% original MK1 Muddy Fox Explorer, not sure on actual year 88? from the adverts the spec looks like an 88.

size is 18.5 from centre of BB to centre of top tube.

Condition is far from perfect please see pics, Headset is shot with rust, please look at pics for the details, I have not tidied it up at all, i will leave that fun for the buyer (in classic cars this ads value right?). oringal paint is pretty good the top tube transfer is very faded, some rust spilling from the rusty gaurd mounts (see forks) but the metal work is sound.

groupset is not perfect the clamps on the shifter looking rather sad but everything works and new cables would having it running smooth, apart from that rear U brake those never worked:) not really any wear on the chain or rings and cassette so i don't think it was used much but maybe spent some time outside.

the grips at still good, the chainset looks nice, i can provide more pics

padding and cover on seat is gone but is the og saddle.

maybe this could be retro bike that gets used bit or a full restro project,

I'm thinking £90ono with postage or £70ono collected i'm in wareham, Dorset but often in wiltshire. let me know any questions. alexrankin at mac dot com

thanks alex

Attachments

• MF explorer small pic.jpg
    MF explorer small pic.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 319
  • mf headtube small.jpg
    mf headtube small.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 319
  • mf shifter small.jpg
    mf shifter small.jpg
    735.6 KB · Views: 319
  • mf hub small.jpg
    mf hub small.jpg
    484.2 KB · Views: 319
  • MF RD small.jpg
    MF RD small.jpg
    682.8 KB · Views: 320
tintin40":1zesg744 said:
I'll buy the cranks.

I'll sell the cranks in a month or so if i can't shift the bike as whole, i will start to strip it down. I'm growing quite attached to as well., just looks rad on the garage wall.

cheers Alex

Alex Rankin":1f0ikf8u said:
tintin40":1f0ikf8u said:
I'll buy the cranks.

I'll sell the cranks in a month or so if i can't shift the bike as whole, i will start to strip it down. I'm growing quite attached to as well., just looks rad on the garage wall.

cheers Alex

Cool. Don't forget me :D

Back