1992 Wheeler 7700 19" frame, Deore DX group, Araya CV7 rims

agent29

Dirt Disciple
Hi,

Im selling this as as a whole or possible split, The 19" frame was found after a few rides to be a bit large for my wife, and it hasn't really been used since.

Here is the post when I bought it.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=268456

I would prefer to sell it complete as its mostly original apart from the back tyre which was my reason for not splitting it in the first place. however depending on interest I may consider it .

Im based near Huntingdon Cambridgeshire and am open to suggestions or sensible offers.

It has a few marks and scratches, scuffs etc to be expected but its straight with no structural damage.

Re:

Very true, This is however my issue. evilBay promotes inflated prices, Retro components or bikes go up and down based on their desirability each week . The sale of individual retro components collectively can on occasion exceed the cost of a complete bike depending on the buyers requirements.

Im looking for advice really. It is for sale and personally this bike should remain intact imo but its down to buyers needs which is why Im open to offers.

Is it worth more in parts than a complete bike?

I think overall individual parts yield more than a complete bike, but it's also more hassle.
And could be a shame given fact that your bike is mostly original..
Advice can be obtained here: viewforum.php?f=78

Would be a shame to split, as it’s a nice example, with Aussie provenance too - which is cool

Re: Re:

agent29":vulrltdn said:
Very true, This is however my issue. evilBay promotes inflated prices, Retro components or bikes go up and down based on their desirability each week . The sale of individual retro components collectively can on occasion exceed the cost of a complete bike depending on the buyers requirements.

Im looking for advice really. It is for sale and personally this bike should remain intact imo but its down to buyers needs which is why Im open to offers.

Is it worth more in parts than a complete bike?

Almost all bikes are worth more in parts than they are complete. But the amount of work required to break them up, clean and photograph all the bits means it's usually only worthwhile if you have a particularly hopeless bike with particularly nice parts. In your case neither are true - it's all quite nice, but nothing massively desirable.

Just make a price up, if you're not in a rush then go high and you can always reduce it. I'm no expert, but I'd imagine it will sell if priced somewhere between £100 and £200. I'd say £100 is probably closer to the truth, but it depends who's out there. The cheaper it is the quicker it'll go...

You'll also find it much easier to sell it for a decent price if you're willing to post...

Re:

Thanks for your assistance. looking at its completeness Im asking £95 its most probably worth more in parts but id prefer it to remain as one.

Back