SOLD - £600 - Stumpjumper M2 Dew Green 1997

Re: Stumpjumper M2 Dew Green 1997 - almost mint and original

Looks like a lovely bike, as discussed been a couple for sale recently at much lower prices but GLWS.

Re: Re:

Matty538":ueydto37 said:
Not going to knock you for trying but definitely over top dollar. The picture shows an xt mech Yet you say xtr. I've had both for under £50 each. It's about what someone is willing to pay and I think you'll be lucky to find someone will to pay that.

As for what you get for your money now you have to think of the advances in technology. What was XTR is now deore.

Either way good luck with the sale.

Cheers. Will see what happens. 21 years is old but again, that's the point. To secure a near mint cosmetically and mechanically bike of the period with no more than 1000 miles on from new will be a rarity. Given it was one of the most sort after bikes of the period and very practical even today, that will increase the value today to the right person. The only reason mine is in such good condition is because I had kids shortly after buying and riding took a very back seat for many years.

On original it had Deore front and XT rear. I have changed the Deore front for a brand new, never used XTR (not a second hand one). It was found, forgotten about, in an old bike shop in South London after months of trying to secure a usable second hand Deore or XT from a number of well known bike parts people online. Each second hand one had slack in the mech which I wouldn't accept on an otherwise near perfect bike.

I'm sure it will make someone very happy.

Paul

Re:

Personally, I would get it cleaned up so it matches your description & make it look a tad more appealing then put a realistic price on it.. ;)

SOLD - Stumpjumper M2 Dew Green 1997 - almost mint and original

Hi guys

Mixed emotions. Bike just sold for the asking price to a now very happy man.

Pictures were taken just after I got back from a canal path ride last weekend. I did clean up nicely before selling :D

Paul

Sale

:D

I couldn’t remember if it was 97 or 98. I think I bought in late 97 and it would have been the 98 model year. You had the choice of the Orange or Dew Green at the time. I’ve always thought the Dew Green was the most stunning paint job I’ve ever seen on a bike.

It was a fairly new Retrobike user. This was the only place I tried to sell and as you’ll remember from my initial post, it was quite half hearted. If space wasn’t an issue I would have kept.

If you’d seen close up and really had a sense that the components had no more than a thousand miles on them I think you’d have understood why it was very much worth the asking price - hard to see from an ad I guess. I put the original seat back on for him and found the flat SPD adaptors I had on from new until I started using my SPD shoes I had with my Sabbath road bike from 2017 ish.

The guy had previously owned a Rockhopper Comp when a teenager and wasn’t keen on modern Mountain Bikes, so had just started looking for a Stumpy from that period. Mine was the first he’d seen. He’s planning to use it properly which makes me happy. I never did really - a few woods and canal paths but little else.

Nice to know he loves it like I did but that it will finally get some proper use for which it was designed.

Paul

Re:

Fantastic! :shock: just a case of finding the right buyer at the right time I guess.

Re:

Indeed! No reply on topic after everyone saying its overpriced and willing to pay asking price. Logical if you ask me?

Back