Yeti ARC Titanium Frame 19" (NOS) - SOLD

cmscycle

Dirt Disciple
This is a new Yeti ARC Titanium frame. Very rare. This could quite possibly be the only un-built New Old Stock (NOS) frame of its kind in the world.

I've had this stored in a box in my closet for 14 years. I bought it from a bike shop in Brooklyn, NYC while on a trip to the USA from New Zealand.

Based on the serial number this was made in 1999 and is the 16th frame built with the machined loop-style dropouts. The Yeti dart-style downtube decal was only applied to the early ARC Ti frames which this one has.

Note, the first few ARC Ti frames were made with the Yeti looptail rear end but reportedly suffered from alignment issues. Yeti then contracted Sandvik - True Technologies - to produce the frames from then on. This frame is a Sandvik built one and I'm guessing because of the low serial number and downtube decal that this may have been from the first production batch. Only 160 of these frames were built making it one of the rarest production Yeti's ever made and one of the last classic style Yeti's to be handbuilt in the USA.

The frame is a 19" size (that's what Yeti sized it as). Takes a 1 1/8" headset, and a 27.2mm seatpost.

The rear dropouts are machined from solid 1/2" thick billet and were astronomically expensive to produce. The dropouts are objects of beauty and a brilliant example of fine CNC engineering. There are both disc tabs and V-brake bosses on the frame.

It features the Yeti trademark flat-sided oval toptube and triple cable stop routing like all classic Yeti's.

I'm happy to answer any questions and provide any measurements of the frame, please just ask.

Seat tube centre to top is 516mm
Seat tube centre to top of top tube is 485mm
Seat tube centre to centre is 462mm
Head tube length is 133mm
Actual top tube c-c is 585mm
Effective horizontal top tube is 606mm

Please allow +/- 1mm accuracy for any c-c measurement.

The frame is located in New Zealand and I can arrange shipping worldwide. The frame will be packed exceptionally well as I've got heaps of packaging material ready for the frame to make a safe journey to a new owner. Approximate shipping cost estimate is 95Euro, or 85 UK Pounds, or $110 USD.

Note: As of 23rd May 2019 this frame has been sold and will now live in Australia.

Thanks very much!

Attachments

• Yeti Pic 2.jpg
    Yeti Pic 2.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 2,575
  • Yeti Pic 3.jpg
    Yeti Pic 3.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 2,564
  • Yeti Pic 4.jpg
    Yeti Pic 4.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 2,560
  • Yeti Pic 5.jpg
    Yeti Pic 5.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 2,556
  • Yeti Pic 6.jpg
    Yeti Pic 6.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 2,557
  • Yeti Pic 7.jpg
    Yeti Pic 7.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 2,554
  • Yeti Pic 8.jpg
    Yeti Pic 8.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 2,572
  • Yeti Pic 1.jpg
    Yeti Pic 1.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 2,578
Re: Yeti ARC Titanium Mountain Bike Frame 19" (NOS)

This section is for bikes up to 1997, so this is just a bit too new here.

Still a good looking one though.

Re: Yeti ARC Titanium Mountain Bike Frame 19" (NOS)

Haaland":1ldzbu5o said:
This section is for bikes up to 1997, so this is just a bit too new here.

Still a good looking one though.

Sorry I overlooked that. Is there a way I can move this to the correct location? Or does it mean deleting it then re-posting? Thanks!

Re:

One of the best instances of "glad it's too big for me!" I've ever seen... Good luck with the sale :)

Back