FS: 1993 Slingshot Frame with extras SOLD

mynchiboy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I'm still not sure if I should really do this, but I'm putting out my Slingshot project for sale :)

I had serious plans for a full on refurb of this one (I even contacted Slingshot's HQ for a refurb quote) but other projects have since come along which have predictably have sidetracked me. I've also gradually whittled down some of the parts I had put to one side for this. After a couple of years of the frame sitting next to the bed (!) I think it's time to move it on...

The frame is a '93 issue which was apparently the high water mark in terms of frame stiffness, with a larger diameter seat tube and sloping top tube. Frame is classed by Slingshot as a 18" version (measured from centre of BB to 2" below top of seat tube). Effective top tube is 23" and head tube 100mm long.

The dog bone pivot section, spring and cable all seem to be pretty good, with just a little kink in the cable near the BB which is nothing to worry about I think. I did mock up the frame at one point, had a little sit on it and it seemed to all hold up okay.

Paint is a bit tatty - it is that soft epoxy type stuff similar to what is used on Bonty frames, that sort that creases rather than flakes off - and therefore looks worse than it is. This is especially noticeable where a front mech has been fitted in the past. The drive side chain stay has also been touched up it seems, and there may be what looks like a tiny ding there (no cracks though). Otherwise there's just a bit of paint missing in a couple of small areas here and there. Original decals are mostly present, although the silver head badge never seems to have been fitted. You could touch up and leave as is for a rider, although it would be a good resto candidate, as per my plans.

Also included with the frame is a M735 Mech with 34.9 clamp and American Classic 31.8 seatpost, both correct for the frame. The Hope BB is also thrown in, I haven't tried to take this out as I didn't have a removal tool at the time, but it still seems very smooth and is again the right 73mm size. You'll need a 1" fork by the way.

I'll say £350.00 posted in the UK for this, but I'll listen to near offers. Some pictures are below, but more can be seen here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/62624127@ ... 6005707164

Attachments

• sling11.jpg
    sling11.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 339
  • sling10.jpg
    sling10.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 338
  • sling4.jpg
    sling4.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 339
  • sling2.jpg
    sling2.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 340
  • sling1.jpg
    sling1.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 340
Re:

You'll regret it!
Wish i could afford it :( I'll just have to make do with my 2000 one.

Re: Re:

Gruff":2dhkm6ol said:
You'll regret it!
Wish i could afford it :( I'll just have to make do with my 2000 one.

Hmm.. I could well regret it, you're right! That said this was sadly going nowhere fast and I have plenty of other projects to crack on with, to help ease the pain :)

Post has been amended with correct catalogue measurements (thanks to Ferrus). All PM's replied to :cool:

Back