1997 Litespeed Owl Hollow

bikesandboards

Retro Newbie
One of a kind frame from back when Titanium ruled the world. I bought this bike in 1996 and rode it until I saw the light of full suspension. Then I converted it to a singlespeed, but I just don't ride it very much anymore and I'm running out of room in the garage. This was one of the first bikes to incorporate the stronger 6/4 titanium blend into it's frame. The downtube is bi-ovalized 6/4 titanium (ovalized vertically at the head tube and horizontally at the bottom bracket) to add rigidity. Super unique design and noticeably stiff handling. There's a funky mix of parts on here. I kinda went cheap on some of the singlepeed components (i.e. an entry level RS Dart fork), but some of the leftovers from using as my every day bike are still there (i.e. XTR V-Brakes!!). Plus, check out the rainbow anodized Mavic rim! Look closely and you'll see I laced the wheel with different colored nipples to match the anodization (nerd alert!). And.... a purple Ringle Super-Duper Bubba hub?!? Wha-Whaaatt?!? Anyway, I hate to part with it, but this is a lucky find for any classic frame collectors or anyone looking for a killer hardtail 26" bike. Looking around the internet, Litespeed ti frames seem to be going for around $700 to $800, so I think $750 for the whole package is pretty reasonable. Drop me a line and let's make a deal. I'd prefer to sell in the Salt Lake area, but will box and ship anywhere in US for an additional $75. Would consider international shipping, but will have to negotiate cost.

Attachments

• LS Owl Hollow.jpg
    LS Owl Hollow.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 903
  • LS Owl Hollow Fr Wheel.jpg
    LS Owl Hollow Fr Wheel.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 902
  • LS owl Hollow XTR V Brakes.jpg
    LS owl Hollow XTR V Brakes.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 902
  • LS Owl Hollow Drivetrain.jpg
    LS Owl Hollow Drivetrain.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 901
  • LS Owl Hollow Ringle Hub.jpg
    LS Owl Hollow Ringle Hub.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 902
Re: Re:

zhangv":315skok2 said:
hi, do you still want to sell?

Optimistic, but worth a shot I guess...
"bikes and boards" joined the forum on 1/6/17 but hasn't been online since 2/6/17, so I'd be surprised if you got a reply.

Re: Re:

jimo746":2iczizi6 said:
zhangv":2iczizi6 said:
hi, do you still want to sell?

Optimistic, but worth a shot I guess...
"bikes and boards" joined the forum on 1/6/17 but hasn't been online since 2/6/17, so I'd be surprised if you got a reply.
No info,sad:(

Back