Dave Yates SOLD

Re: Dave Yates Race Mountain Bike Can Swap

mkone":vbu2xs1y said:
:facepalm: its actually my size, no money though, unless you want to swap for something more modern? :)

mark

What you got :)

OldRacer":11rws7zm said:
For sale is my Dave Yates 17" frame

Bought from the original owner, I have sympathetically restored to very nice condition using all the original parts except brake and gear cables (pedals not included).

Please dont confuse this with the Diablo framed bikes. Was custom built for a young lady who's family owned for a famous MTB fashion company in the 80's/90's.

Paint is original, has been wet sanded and polished, does has marks in the paint through years in damp shed but is still very nice and would be a crime to re-paint it.

Origina Deore groupset, original DX hubs with 231CD wheels, original Salsa stem, bars and bar ends - stem and bar ends have been wet sanded and painted to look oiginal with new decals.

Tyres are the original Smoke Lite, front in great condition, rear has slight splitting in the sidewall but is very rideable.

Has been throughly stripped, cleaned and rebuilt as necessary - brakes need cables (supplied with new cables and outers inc straddle cables) fitted.

The original forks will need a rebuild but do take air.

Looking for £300 or happy to swap something 18"/19" in the same 'class' but happy with something needing work.

Bike is near Portsmouth but can deliver free during the week to West/North/South East London

Full payment through paypal please or a deposit and cash. Cheers

Artwork looks like Carlton Reid to me, Ex TWG team member, who worked with Yates, Mbuk..? If im not mistaken he now writes for Bike Biz....?

Worth asking the question if nothing else...

Back