Steerer Tube Swap Shop - shorter for longer! NO SALES!

Re:

I have an early Pace fork, I think it's a RC35 but happy to stand corrected. I'm after a different steerer, looking for a 158mm long 1"/22.2mm steerer to swap for my 28.6mm by 168mm steerer. I've decided not to build up the 92 orange Aluminium O I have and sell it instead. I want to use the forks on a Roberts white spider frame.

Is a swap possible with a shim I guess? Anyone have one to swap?

Many thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_3281.jpg
    IMG_3281.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 10,924
  • IMG_7019.jpg
    IMG_7019.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 10,924
  • IMG_2591.jpg
    IMG_2591.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 10,924
  • IMG_0689.jpg
    IMG_0689.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 10,924
  • IMG_2726.jpg
    IMG_2726.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 10,924
Manitou answer steerer tube

Hi I’m looking for manitou steerer tube and crown for manitou answer I need 1 1/4 200mm long threadless but I would have shorter but threaded if you have. I have 1 1/8 200mm long which I could trade
Kind regards
Davo

Afternoon, I'm looking for a 1” pace steerer with a total length of about 180mm please. Longer is fine if there’s a long threaded section.

I have a 156mm to trade if suitable, with a 28mm threaded section.

Thanks in advance.

About to restore a Manitou 3 and the steerer is much longer than I need.
I'm fully capable of modifying, but I'm not in the habit of destroying unobtainium.

What I have: 1" threaded, about 7.5" overall (with 1.75" of thread).

What I could use: 1" threaded, about 6" overall.

Attachments

• IMG_3467.jpg
    IMG_3467.jpg
    744.4 KB · Views: 3,965
fluxcapacitor15":2iq6suty said:
I'm fully capable of modifying, but I'm not in the habit of destroying unobtainium.

Think I may well have what you're looking for... let me check and come back to you.

fluxcapacitor15":20tyj4jb said:

Ok - looks like a sold the Manitou 3 forks that I had had, and I'd forgotten.

However, have a couple of pairs of Manitou 1 forks, with 1" steerer's. As I don't have a Mani 3 to compare anymore, do you know if the steerer's are compatible? I'd like to acquire this longer 1" steerer if they are, and happy to swap one of the shorter 1" if this works?

rjsdavis":klk5y61n said:
Ok - looks like a sold the Manitou 3 forks that I had had, and I'd forgotten.

However, have a couple of pairs of Manitou 1 forks, with 1" steerer's. As I don't have a Mani 3 to compare anymore, do you know if the steerer's are compatible? I'd like to acquire this longer 1" steerer if they are, and happy to swap one of the shorter 1" if this works?
I'm not certain of the interchangeability, maybe someone else can confirm. I am partial to they styling on the one I have, some of those early ones have a more "rudimentary" appearance. Can you post a picture of what you have?

Back