Onza HO pedals - but with cleats and spare elastomers....

2manyoranges

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Onza pedals float around the circuit, but usually without cleats or spare elastomers. These have both, and although used and with a bit of play, the bearings are good. They were oiled regularly, which is what the inner phosphor bronze bushings need - a couple of drops of oil then a wipe each ride.

I don’t want to split the cleats, elastomers and pedals, since this is what makes this particular bundle a nice retro batch. Choice of black or silver, with the silver being the first batch imported into the uk.

Prices vary on the web from 20 gbp without cleats to 200 euros for nos...eyewatering and unrealistic methinks. So...maybe 45gbp per pair of pedals plus postage to wehere you are? PM or text on 0770 250 5256. Thanks.

Looking for
Hope Evo hubs F&R
Reverb droppers 31.6
Titanium or steel Allen bolt skewers eg control tech

Attachments

• F2CFCE34-B52D-4A2F-87B6-0C1A92383A11.jpeg
    F2CFCE34-B52D-4A2F-87B6-0C1A92383A11.jpeg
    79.9 KB · Views: 526
Re:

Small note - these are all CroMo axles. The first batch in the UK had a mix of stainless and CroMo axles - then there was a batch of titanium conversion kits. Quite a few of the claimed ‘titanium’ HO pedals are stainless axles only. They look titanium but aren’t. I think it’s done through lack of knowledge rather than anything else. The regular CroMo are pretty light anyway, and I didn’t bother with the titanium conversions. The bearings on the outside are standard captive races. You just knock them out when replacing them. The inner bushes are phosphor bronze, are a standard size and can be sourced with a little searching. None of these need the bearings replaced yet.

Re:

....just another thought. We were big users of these - Brighton saw a lot of them. At the time, MBUK saw quite a lot of discussion about the elastomer springs versus the steel springs of SPDs. There was a great deal of nonsense - to-ing and fro-ing about the dreadful pre-release on elastomers and the over-tightness of SPDs. The two big things for me were FLOAT - these had nice float 5 degrees plus or minus so 10 deg in total, with 3 degrees if the cleats were mounted through 90deg. This was a big deal for those of us doing lots of singletrack and with knackered knees. Only the horrible Time bar pedals had more float, and they were nasty things IMHO. I had one pair, versus a shedload of Onzas. The second thing was DEPENDABLE ENTRY. I had no problems ever with HO pedals, even in deep clag, and never any pre-release, even using the softest (clear) or low med (blue) elastomers. I used these in Sunmer heat and Winter snow. I have never, in 20 years of using them, had an accidental release. I think float and pre-release are connected; I always used the Onzas on the 10 deg orientation. OK you may ask, so why are you selling all your Onza pedals - answer, I’m not. I use flatties on most of my bikes these days, and Crank Brothers on my road bikes and some of the MTBs. Two bikes still have HOs on them and will stay that way.

Re:

Small note - the fact that Onza cleats can be rotated through 90deg means that they last for ages. I have a total of four sets of pedals cleats and elastomers left...

Back