1992 GT Tequesta full bike

MiniNinjaRob

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
1992 GT Tequesta. Double butted Tange Infunity frame with the awesome white and black tiger stripe paint job and rear U brake.
Mostly original, I bought it a few years ago and it has barely been ridden. Tyres are original and have almost no wear on them - skinwall too and not dried out. Rear brake blocks are the original too which shows you how little it’s been used.
I wanted it as a spare bike which was nice to ride so put some old DMR V8’s on, my own saddle (not included) and some new alloy bars as the originals were really rusty for some reason. I also put some chunky Sunline grips on for a bit more shock absorption and best of all a Magura HS33 front brake which I think looks in keeping as well as some Suntour XC Expert thumbshifters as the original STI’s were as well all know, completely rubbish.
So the front brake/grips/bars/shifters/pedals aren’t original but they are better than original!
The cranks have a few marks on from storage but the anodising is remarkably good. The frame is the same, marks from storage but not from riding - the chainstay looks good which is unusual. Have a look at the pics and ask questions if you need to.
The wheels are smooth and straight and original to the bike - Ritchey Vantage rims. Bottom bracket is original and nice and tight and smooth.
So it’s not mint, but the marks on it are from storage and easily touched up if you want to.

A great starter retro MTB which is ready to ride (just needs a saddle, if I can find a spare one I’ll put one on). One of these was my first ever decent MTB and they are great to ride even 26 years later.

I really really don’t want to post it so collection only at the moment. I’m in Huddersfield but will travel to meet up somewhere to hand over if you want it, I am sure we can arrange something.

£120 but open to close offers. I don’t want any swaps I’m afraid.

See here for more pictures: https://flickr.com/photos/94141909@N06/ ... 3440561088

1992 GT Tequesta for sale by Robert Atkin, on Flickr

Re:

Well gtaddict is picking it up next week and there is a queue but you can be 4th in the queue! No money has been exchanged yet.

Re:

Well the original buyer never picked it up and had ignored my last message to him a month ago so this is available again. Please send me a PM.
Would prefer local pickup only thanks but I could meet halfway to you depending on where you are.

Latest posts

Back