Chesini Competition MTB frame w/ Coppi fork and Campagnolo

Rod_Saetan

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
In a quest for more space and clarity in my 'collection' I am letting a few projects go. First up is this @ 1990 Chesini Competition lugged and fillet brazed frame with NOS (but not mint) Fausto Coppi 1" fork in fetching gold, NOS Shimano XT M730 Italian thread BB (will work with a Campagnolo MTB chainset) and Campagnolo Euclid brake set comprising Monoplaner U brake for the rear, Euclid cantis front. Chesini are one of the best made of the Italian marques and their workmanship is excellent, the engraved head tube and stays and neat dropped top tube on this are lovely, the Euclid parts and Italian thread BB are also pretty hard to find.

Frame purchased here over a year ago (original for sale thread: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... it=chesini ) and I got the fork from Al's Funion. The brakes are lightly used and complete, the Italian thread XT BB is NOS and unused.

Will get some pictures of it all together soon, but in the mean time there are some pictures in the original thread above.

Seat tube: 19" centre to top
Tope tube: 20" centre to centre
1 " headset (fork is British thread)
27.0 seat post

I had amassed almost everything to put it together, so Campagnolo seat post; hubs; rims; pedals; cranks; shifters; headset and NOS ITM stem are available to help with a full Italian build separately by negotiation, there are some correct transfers on eBay right now too if you want it all refinished.

£250 plus postage or collect London-shire.

Back