1989 Kona Cindercone - Complete Bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

BUYER BEWARE - FRAUDULANT SELLER

This poster who’s real name is ‘Victor from Tilehurst’ sold me a Bike last week advertised as a Kona Cindercone that was later revealed not to be. I made contact with him and he said he didn’t realise it wasn’t ..... turns out he has posted on here about the bike I bought a few years back and it was quite clear he knows it was a fake !! Needless to say I have reported him to the Police with copies of these posts as it clearly shows he knowingly mis- represented the bike as proved by these forum posts. He has obviously deleted the photos on the posts from years ago (I have copies) but this advert is the other bike he mentioned he was selling whilst I was there and the photos are in his garage ..... the same garage that he advertised my bike from !!!!

I noticed he did place this on gumtree for 60 pounds the day after I picked mine up, hence how I linked this poster to the gumtree seller and thus his old forum posts.

Please everyone beware of this guy - I would like to think that anyone who is passionate about retro bikes on this forum would not behave in this manner. Hopefully with the evidence I have sent to the Police he may get potted - thankfully I screenshot everything just in case !!

Re:

Agreed ! I don’t want anyone else to get caught out by this guy - he is quite active on the sale boards here to !! I can’t comment on the authenticity of this one but I certainly wouldn’t trust anything he is selling !!!!

Hopefully this will stop anyone else getting deceived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back