Orange P7 cherry red - like the day it was born - NOW SOLD

2manyoranges

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
This is not a barn-find, but it is a time-warp special. Taken to Switzerland to do cols and ridden on roads only - but now displaced by some other bikes. It’s been living a quiet life for years in the back of the garage, at 1100m in the Alps. It’s now in Cambridge UK, in the flatlands. This is not a reconstructed classic; it’s an untouched classic. The only non-factory component are the Sachs grips. And that’s it - everything else original. Oh, and the shocking but contemporary white Michelins, worth around 50gbp by themselves, I reckon. I know that Retrobikers love a bargain - a 75gbp frame which they then throw 500gbp at in wheels and kit (I know, I do this all the time...)...but as a complete and very original bike now 380 gbp since i need the space in the workshop. Two small blemishes on the frame - paint scratches from careless baggage handlers at Heathrow...grrrr. There’s no wear on anything, the rims are perfect and true, the groupset (LX) is immaculate. Almost forgot...it’s a medium, which means 17inch frame in old money - this means a bb centre to tt centre measurement of 17 inches. Orange described this as a 19 in their catalogue - good for people 5'8" to 6'1" according the table in the catalogue. Text me on 0770 250 5256 if interested.

Attachments

• 0795615A-4B2F-4C56-80C5-654F2B05B270.jpeg
    0795615A-4B2F-4C56-80C5-654F2B05B270.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 914
Re: Vintage orange P7 cherry red metallic unbelievably original

that ^^^^ is a saweeeet bike (and deal) !!!

Re:

My thirteen year old son rode it last night and got very upset that I was selling this ... but reminded him that there are two classics in the workshop which I have promised him I won’t sell (first batch Keith B Racelite in purple metal flake, and an Amp B2). That seemed to make him slightly happier....

Re:

by the way....the tyres are indeed an unused dedicated front and rear pair of Michelin Wildgrippers - the fronts with the long thin lugs and the rear with the Z knobs. These seem to be on here for silly money, and here they are on this....

Re:

Right ... decided to go through all the bits boxes and actually found the original Orange handlebar for this. So that's it now, anyone wanting to have this exactly as it rolled from Halifax will have to hunt down some old Orange bar grips, since this has some (contemporary) Sachs ones on. And that's it. The Ti Marin has gone but no interest in this ... is price too high or is it because it's 'all done'?

Back