Raced in 1990s - stored, now out. Ti Team Marin WITHDRAWN

2manyoranges

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Yes that’s a seatstay-mounted U brake. This was a full-on, money-no-object race bike. Fifteen inch frame. In think it was torched by Gary Helfrecht when he did the first batch of ti frames for Marin. Very stretched top tube. And that’s a new Kevlar racing Onza Porc on the front, which even still has the little rubbery caterpillars on it. I raced this, finished up, and it went into store in the UK. Where it has been for over 20 years. Ti bars. USE Ti seat post. Ti bb bolts. Hope Ti rear hub. Hope Ti front hub. Ti railed Avocet saddle. Pace Kevlar RC35s. And yep, those are spun ali X Lite bar ends. This is not a recon special, it’s a piece of MTB history. Everything is it mint condition since you don’t race on duff kit. All bearings perfect, wheels true and unbattered. Fork seals were new and so are perfect, with no play at all. Rides like a tight thing. The one issue is that the Pace elastomers have gone to dust and so the forks have Judy medium (red) springs in them. Stif can access new elastomers apparently. I could break it up and get more money but I’d rather sell as is. Looking for offers over £850 and the thing cost £2000 to build in the 1990s....text me on 0770 250 5256 if interested. Bike is near Cambridge. Where they are no hills. And no off-road.

Attachments

• 87500342-778A-4519-A344-BF90CDC0DD7B.jpeg
    87500342-778A-4519-A344-BF90CDC0DD7B.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 971
Re: Raced in 1990s - cleaned, stored, now out. Ti Team Marin.

Welcome to the forum :)

Needs a firm price please, no offers over, and that’s a seat stay mounted u-brake btw ;)

Duh....yes....seatstay....sorry brainfade and thinking of the chainstay U brake on my old Marin Palisades.....

Now sold subject to pickup.

Sweet race weapon! The forks are RC35's btw, not 36's. Us retro folk are so fickle and particular. ;)

Back