Sold GT STS 1000 DS frame, fox air

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
This is a hard sale, but having built it a good few years ago now, I've not ridden it so time to let it go.

It's an 18 inch, and prior to building up I completely stripped and rebuilt it so it's as good as new. Decals were nos, but didn't stick too well due to their age. They are all there though and look good from a distance. I'd be happy to cover with helitape to preserve them, and I've a few spares I'll include.

Frame is in fine shape, there's no damage to speak of aside from a few small scuffs and cable rub.

What makes this frame different from the norm is it's fitted with a fox air rear shock and trunnion rather than the original rs super deluxe (This took some hunting for and cost a fair amount, but it really transforms the ride and reduces weight).

I'm after £350 inc uk postage for the frame and fox shock, plus I'll include the spare decals and a brand new set of bushings for the entire frame. Nothing wrong with the ones fitted, but it will future proof the frame.

The rear end is disc ready/capable with an adapter, and I have the correct kit for this that I can throw in for an extra £15 should you wish (cost £20 plus shipping from the us).

If you want a different set of decals, I have a nos set of sts-2 ones in red. These cost me £30 plus shipping from the states. Will include for £25 with the frame.

I've also got spare fox rear shocks suitable for the frame, plus a couple of rs super deluxe shocks that I've had serviced and never used should you want to go original. Hapy to do a deal on these with the frame.

The whole build aside from the spins is available. Happy to do a deal if you want any of it.

I will also include the original gt seat post and clamp.

A teaser pics below. Link to build: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ;hilit=Sts

26044807406_6865eed064_c.jpg

I've got a few sets of wheels too if you need any, disc crossmax, v ceramic crossmax to name a couple. Alternative forks too, sids and rebas mostly and pace rc41s to name a few. Could even offer a full xtr m952 groupset should you wish to build it up with the cream of shimano period kit. Other bits such as roox cranks, bars, stem, posts available too, probably have parts to help most builds. Was planning on running a disc build and have some hope evo v2/4s for the job, also xo discs and drive train too.

Re:

Bundle update. Happy to do a deal on spare parts listed, or any not that I may have.

Happy to take more pics of the frame and other spares.

Any questions, just ask.

Re:

Hi Ian,

Bit cheeky, but would you consider selling me one of your fox rear shocks and the appropriate trunnion?

I can let you have a standard trunnion and original shock if you want (though I imagine you have enough spares)

FWIW, in your position I’d keep one of the STSs. They’re a great ride.

Thanks
Matt

Re:

Which one would you keep?

I don't have a spare fox shock unless someone wants to buy a frame with the original rs. I do have a spare manitou air shock with trunnion from a jekyll. With a slight mod they fit like a glove (slight shaving of the trunnion to make it fit, talking a mm each side iirc). The bits that fit into the travel chips are the challenge. I had someone make something for me, but I'd probably have a go myself next time using some brake bosses (same thread as the jekyll trunnion bolts), and modify to fit (cut down and file, unless you can find some without the bit for a spanner).

This is essentially what I did with my other sts (I say i), using a fox rather than a manitou. This sts has the oem trunnion so no effort needed.

Re:

I did message Rampage but he seems to have gone quiet. That’s interesting about the brake posts, I’ll look into that.

BTW, Do you still have a spare XO 10 speed rear mech?

Re:

Bump. A knackered frame just sold on eBay for £280. My frame is miles better, fully working and has the very rare air shock at the rear (someone was selling just the shock and trunnion on here recently for around £200 alone iirc), spare bushings and disc adapter.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3090203324

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back