Price drop: GT Avalanche 1996

domperry76

Old School Hero
OK, it's not quite a Zaskar, but the ball-burnished Avalanche still looks the business. It will probably polish up nicely, if anyone is minded. Spec is pretty much as the per the catalogue, with the addition of an XT crank and X-Lite bar-ends (and a slightly random Cannondale seat and C4 post).
Frame is in good condition, the only minor blemish is a small ding on the underside of the top tube. I've tried to show it in the pics, but may not have come out. Decals are OK, but scuffed up a bit. It has new cables throughout.
Size is an 18in, I think, based on the centre-to-centre seat tube measurement; TT is 22.5in. Fully built (without pedals) it weighs an impressive 10.7kg/23.5lb.

Pics are here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtQvSgbr8qvXqsQYpVuWsn1HI5tNPQ

Looking for £140 - ideally collection from Dorking area, but could post at cost (probably £30). SOLD - £135 ebay

Spec as follows:
Frame: 7005 aluminium with GT cro-mo fork.
R/Mech: RD-M789 XT 8sp
F/Mech: FD-M567 LX
Cranks: FC-M737 175mm, Stronglight outer/middle rings, Shimano inner: 22/32/42
Brakes/Shifters: ST-M567 LX
Wheels: HB-M563 LX on Mavic M221 in Gold. 32h. Very little sidewall wear.
Tyres: WTB Velociraptor (front is good, rear OK)
Brakes: BR-M565 LX
Stem: Kore
Bars: GT with GT grips and -Lite bonded bar ends.
Also included (but not pictured) are a pair of Tioga Surefoot VI pedals with GT-btranded clips and straps.

Re:

I love these bikes. If I didn't have one already I'd have snapped it up at that price. It's a bargain.
Good luck with the sale.

Back