Muddyfox Prestige Comp frame set + Suntour XC Parts

drcarlos

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Can't believe I'm doing this but I have my CB and Raleigh for Retro's and I'm mostly riding my 29'er these days.

I'm splitting my 1990 Muddyfox Prestige Comp. Classic year from MF and this is the second to Top Steel bike, it gives a great ride and is typical quality steel.

Frame, Forks, headset, plus Original Stem and Muddyfox flat alloy bar, frame is not damaged (no dents or dings) but is missing some paint and stickers have scuffs - £150 (plus post at cost)
Silver Zoom Stem and rare matching seatpost (1 1/4" OS Stem and 29.8 seatpost) for above £30 (plus post)

Wheelset Deore XT with Araya RM-17 Dark Anno rims (works well with 7's Suntour and easier to get cassettes for) - £100 (plus post at cost)

XC Pro thumbies 7s - £30

XC Comp brake levers - £20

Full Suntour XC brake set with SE Rear Cantis and normal fronts - £40
XC Comp rear Mech - £25

XC Comp Front Mech - £15

XC LTD Chainset with 28/38/48 decent rings - £30

Pictures of bike in build thread - Chainset and brake levers not shown.
Detailed Pictures on request.

Carl.

Re: Muddyfox Prestige Comp - Bike Split

Oh Wow, are you sure? I'm gonna have a think about the frameset I really could do without another project or spend but will have a think later. Equally some of the bits may be handy. Will look when I get chance.
Edit: It's probably a bit small for me but will consider the Suntour stuff etc.

nice frame, must resist :facepalm:

reanimation":31qm2go2 said:
Oh Wow, are you sure? I'm gonna have a think about the frameset I really could do without another project or spend but will have a think later. Equally some of the bits may be handy. Will look when I get chance.
Edit: It's probably a bit small for me but will consider the Suntour stuff etc.

Spent a few day deliberating this, but it's too similar to my Raleigh 531 Team in that it's fully rigid and full Suntour XC. The Raleigh though was a longer want (I was supposed to get one in 1989) and took time to find as they didn't make many at all. It will also be as good for Touring as the MF so the Raleigh stays and the MF goes along with my Peugeot Roadie to make way for a modern 650b full bouncer for the trails (to complement my hardtail 29'er for the fireroads). It was tough to decide though.

Carl.

The Suntour parts are 1990/91 for the thumbies, i think 92/93 for the brake levers, the cranks again are 92/93 (but look the same as XC Comp), brake set is 1990/91, mechs didn't change from 1990 to 1993 i think. Cranks are 175mm.

Carl.

Back