[SOLD] Sbike full suspension frame (suspected prototype)

Raging_Bulls

Sbike Fan
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Time to sell this one, seeing as I won't be building it after all.

Sbike full suspension frame, unfinished. No frame number.
Suspected to be a prototype, seeing as the production frames all had flat sides and 31.8mm handlebars.

1 1/4" headset
Seat tube C-T is around 45.5 cm, or just about 18"
Takes a 27.0 mm seat post if my gauge is to be believed.
Space between dropouts is 132mm, so I'm guessing it's for a 130mm rear hub.

It needs canti stops and will require some work on the swingarm to allow for brakes, but I will supply a broken 828 frameset which has the cable stops and a working (although scratched-up) swingarm. That swingarm mounts on the main frame just fine, or it can be used as a reference for a welder to finish the original swingarm.

It'll also need a mount on the rear of the seat tube to allow for a pulley wheel so you can use a bottom-pull mech. I will include the pulley wheel and the original mount of the 828 main frame so a welder can use that as a reference.

Regarding welders, both Chris Herting and FTW worked with Francesco Quinn on his early prototypes, so if the buyer wants to authenticity they would be the right people to finish this.
Not that they actually worked on this frame, I already contacted them about it back in 2013 and they didn't recognize the frame or the welding. The people at Verlicchi (who built all the production frames) didn't know it either, so the actual welder of this one will probably remain unknown.

The swingarm is hinged on two large bearings rather than the bushings used on the production versions.

It comes with 2 unfinished stems for what appears to be 25.0mm handlebars. (not 25.4, those are slightly too big)

I will also include the plastic cable guides that let the rear brake cable go around the seat tube and rear shock mount

Asking £350 / €400 + shipping from Belgium to your location. Paypal goods is fine.
No idea how much shipping will be yet. I need to source a good box first, so I'll probably only know on Wednesday. I doubt it'll be over £30 / €35 inside the EU though. If it is, I'll take care of anything over that price.

Attachments

• Proto with shock.jpg
    Proto with shock.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 565
  • Proto stems.JPG
    Proto stems.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 565
  • Proto with 828 arm.JPG
    Proto with 828 arm.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 565
  • Proto bearing.JPG
    Proto bearing.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 565
Re:

Well that didn't take long.

Sold PP ... and that's only because I still need to box it up and calculate shipping costs first. :oops:

EDIT : sold

Latest posts

Back