SOLD 1991(?) Basso MTB-Columbus SL frame, full Campag SOLD

Griggsy

Retro Guru
I'm working in Germany and came across this... more into riding on the smooth black stuff so I couldn't pass up the full Campag but don't really have space for n+1 at the moment as I'm moving again soon. Columbus SL frame, 57cm virtual top tube c-c, seat tube 50cm c-c, 75 cm center of saddle at seatpost to center of bars. Left SPD pedal it came fitted with was stuck an absolute bitch (wonderful previous owner had stripped both allen and flat wrench points and 'forgot' to mention it ;( )but removed with much swearing and no damage to crank, original Campag MTB pedals look barely used as a result.

The paint is pretty sun faded, and there's plenty of scuffs but if the rims and brake blocks are anything to go by it's not been used much. Scratches on the mechs, cranks as you'd expect and the plastic shifter mounts have some small cracks where the cable enters but I think this is fairly typical and isn't a problem. So, not a museum piece but all in good working order, pedals are very good as is headset, cantis and bb.

FIR rims barely have the ano off them, rear freewheel sounds goosed and bearings dry-don't know what nick they're in as I don't have the tools to open it up with me. Quick releases, straddles, dustcaps all present.

mMGpH1L.jpg

00DvgrP.jpg

EnEpNn0.jpg

nEGLCcO.jpg

yol2JFS.jpg

4BhoApO.jpg

gtsCZJu.jpg

Zah7gfC.jpg

bd53ShJ.jpg

SWl6aGd.jpg

8gCZP79.jpg

CI2sw1k.jpg

95tJ5Xd.jpg

fKRVja6.jpg

Zpkdi4X.jpg

Z6fqaxs.jpg

WZhIZVy.jpg

Good bits: everything Campag present and correct down to the straddles and dust caps. Pedals, headset and BB all in excellent condition. Mechs and good but do have a bit of wear, some abrasion on the cranks/seatpost but still look good too. FIR rims barely worn.

Bad bits: as mentioned rear freewheel/hub sounds rough, some small splits where the gear cable enters the levers-I've had campag bar ends that have done this and it could be heat as opposed to mechanical, doesn't seem like an issue anyway. Paint on the frame is pretty faded by the sun, and obvs there's some good scuffs on it too.

£350 plus shipping sound fair? Open to offers if price is way out, but will need shipped from Germany. Would prefer not to split atm just because of time/lack of tools for BB etc. but might if there's no interest in the full bike.

Re: Re:

xxnick1975":1alnu00a said:
Lovely. Can you ship it to UK

Yes, no problem. Can give a better idea of price when it's boxed up but would be about £25-30 depending on size/insurance.

Re: 1991(?) Basso MTB-Columbus SL frame, full Campag Centaur

ok, a few interested parties-I had a look and think I can squeeze it into DPD's max box size, or, send as two smaller parcels and both options would cost about 40 euros (35 quid?) so £390 all in for bike/shipping/paypal.

ok, so part stripped it down for packing today and discovered a hairline crack in the inner lower plate of the rear mech where the spring tensioner is at the pivot bolt. Looks like the chain's snagged and wrenched it forwards rather than it being a lateral pull as it's still parallel. Don't think it's fatal (well, I'd still use it... I could be an idiot though) but wanted to make it known. Pics here:https://drive.google.com/open?id=1exGknjsFlYqp6bf46GuMNrtQJtN1a8E1
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RfRAD ... OHRk9vd9WX

Seems most folk are happy with the price but want to buy it as a donor bike for the parts-I'd normally be happy to oblige but just don't have the tools to remove BB/Headset and with bike shop rates round here would probably cost me £50 to get them to do it not to mention exceed my shitty German...

Is £350 all in to EU/UK enough to tempt anyone? All packed up and ready to go.

Final few months of my joint masters project so a cash bump is needed!

YUTRhT7.jpg

pic of crack described above. Mech still straight. ta

Back