Syncros Cold Forged Al crank arms with Syncros rings SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.

valgehiir

Retro Newbie
Syncros cold forged aluminium crank arms, with Syncros rings for sale. I bought this set up new, at Duke Cycles on Queen West, in Toronto around 1998. For 2 weeks had them them on my Rocky Mountain Tibolt, but since I was using Syncros Ti BB as well, the setup was way too flexy. So I went back Tioga Revolver steel tube cranks. Syncros set has been on a shelf since 1998, that's a long time lol.

Maybe someone is searching for these, they don't come up often. Never polished, original Anodized finish in place.

250€ shipped within EU.

vaiOHZb.jpg

eIZPFka.jpg

Large photos here: https://imgur.com/a/7Jbh9

Re: Syncros Cold Forged Al crank arms with Syncros rings

How much?

mkone":3r29nhrh said:
How much?

I’ve an identical set on my Schwinn, they weren’t cheap.... paid far more for them than comparable M900
Then again I could have been mugged off, but never the less I was happy, still am ! Admittedly I didn’t pay €250

I believe these (like me) are the early versions as later ones had logos further along the arms.

Re:

NICE… and they are from Dukes Cycle in Toronto too!!! :cool:

They are still in business, but have moved due to a fire at the original store a few years back.

What are the teeth count on the rings?

Nice Titanium as well. If you want/need replacment decals, let me know as I have reproductions that I made. I have two Titanium bikes… small and medium. ;)

BTW, you should get Syncros Revolution cranks to replace the Tioga Revolver. They are more fitting on the Titanium!

Good luck with sale!

Re: Re:

RockiMtn":wemd3laj said:

What are the teeth count on the rings?

/snip/

Good luck with sale!

Rings are 46/34/24

Yeah, the old Duke Cycles, remember in 90s, you walked in, and the end of the 1st show room at the back wall they the had the 'Jewelry Section' :) Stuff under the glass counters, Syncros stuff, of course, but Nuke Proof hubs, Kooka Rainbow anodized cranks.. so many hard ons spending at that that counter lol. I even saw the Paul rear Derailleur under the glass once, every bit in different anodized colour. That counter disappeared soon after XTR m950 came out, it was sudden, very quick end of the after market era. I still hate that gruppo lol, for that reason.

Tibolt frame retailed $3500 CDN in 93, btw, but I'm sure you know. I bought the frame second hand for $1200 CDN in 94. Yellow Judys, the SL, were $800 CDN at Duke's. The XC Judys were $500 CDN. Those prices seemed murderous at the time.

But so much fun, so much to see, so much to keep up with. And then out of nowhere, XTR m950 arrived one day, and beat everything, no doubt, no competition, it simply was so much better than anything else at the time. It was like a tsunami. But it made the scene so boring! And to resist, I haven't had a single XTR piece on my newer bikes ever since, not a single piece :)

Re: Re:

RockiMtn":1r4qu47j said:

BTW, you should get Syncros Revolution cranks to replace the Tioga Revolver. They are more fitting on the Titanium!

Good luck with sale!

I've had Revolutions on this frame, and yes, Syncros should be on a Canada Made bike. But.
Even with Ti BB they add weight, and the Ti BB makes the ride way, way soft. Tiogas are bolted steel all the way through, very stiff combo. This rear end Tibolt is fairly springy as it is, in a nice way. But the moment you put even a Syncros Ti seat post on it, it becomes too springy, the difference is huge, I bought a Ti Syncros post at thew time, and put Al post back same day. Bike wobbled all over the place with Ti post.
Same goes to every Ti BB, and and any crank set on it, Revolution included, every Ti BB I've had on it has ton of 'give', and result is too springy. And any classic Chromoly BB adds weight, but I'm a Kooka guy lol, weight isn't tolerated!!

So Tioga Revolver makes a very nice combo with this frame, besides, I like young guys staring at Tiogas, in puzzlement lol. Syncros Revolutions they may have heard of, seen pics, seen repainted $800 sets going on Ebay, prices alone make them famous now. Deservedly so, they stiffest cranks and looks of Panzer tank. But Tiogas are sneaky, I like that about them. Mine are rusting tho. And the lock bolt keeps loosening, I have an Allan key with me every time lol.

Funny thing, even while Tioga Revolvers were being manufactured, no one knew them, they were that rare. I remember guys heavily into MTB stuff in 97, looking at Tiogas, and asking what are these things.

/so many typos, sorry for edits/

off topic… but are you a fellow Canadian? doesn't sound like you were just a visitor in town for a brief period of time! :LOL:

not everything died off. Syncros and Race Face still survive to this to this day! but yes, a lot of the more boutique brands making flashy but less durable products didn't survive.

The frame is the Ti, not the Tibolt! ;)

Still nice though :cool:

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back