97 Fat ti S/M Reduced £580

Re: FAT Ti decals

M-Power":n4sjgxrc said:
Its fashionable now to double decal the top tube of FATs. Get a Titanium decal from Gil for the tiny ding and fuggedaboudit :xmas-big-grin:

I was the in between owner of this frameset , only passed it on as could not persuade my Dad of his trusty Dekerf Team SL :roll: ...

Anyhow I have a spare set of decals for this produced by Gil-M.

Mike I'll send you a PM about them?

Goodluck with the sale...having seen this frame for myself it is epic, espcially the clean lines , and very seldom seen titanium double butting (hard to show in images). It ace... but would need some 'Alice in Wonderland' style magic to make it fit me :xmas-cool:

Re:

^^ Exactly...very few framebuilders use the most expensive DB Ti tubes even today ! :xmas-cool: Extra rigidity where you need it, minimum weight and maximum ride forgiveness from these. My 97 frame cost £1200 on here + shipping from Poland and its a keeper for life.

Ridiculous giveaway price tbh for this uber rare handmade quality :xmas-cool:

Re sizing. FATs have traditionally always had longer top tubes so you can often get away with a smaller frame ;) 425mm Syncros posts are not impossible to find and usually pop up every 2/3months on ebay.

Re: Re:

viengsavanh":1431lwlm said:
Halfway to being convinced to keep it

Not many of these were ever made. FAT City Cycles were the first to use triple butted Ti tubes ( painstakingly and expensively hand lathed ) back in the early 90s. Merlin experimented with chemical Ti tube butting but failed back then.

Pic of Chris Chance’s personal bike. If you look close you can see the double butted tubing.

Attachments

• 3A551F13-D94D-410D-AFF0-5D8346204C82.jpeg
    3A551F13-D94D-410D-AFF0-5D8346204C82.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 536
Back