Saracen Kili frame with issues......cheap!

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Can deliver to cycle jumble as per here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=381024

So......story goes, pick up a bike relatively locally for the wheels, mostly. But expected to get back my money on the frame alone, as it's a Saracen Kili of some description. However....everything is seized, rounded off, stuck, broken or rusty. See below.... :facepalm:

17.5" Saracen Kili frame of some description. Seat post is seized, meaning I can't get the Kona seat clamp I wanted off. Expect the BB is seized too so haven't even bothered. Was really really manky around a seat tube bottle boss/mount, so have taken off as much of the crud as I can. See pics. Expect all tubes are possibly rotting from inside, don't know. Want £20 for it. Can I be arsed to post it? Very doubtful.

Edit re. above: BB now out, doesn't look too horrendous in BB shell, post has been hack sawed off to rescue clamp and tomorrow I will try and get post out with bench vice.... :facepalm:

8 speed cassette, not sure on model, with what looks like relatively new 8 speed KMC chain....£10 posted

Attachments

• P1120666.JPG
    P1120666.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 954
  • P1120662.JPG
    P1120662.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 954
  • P1120661.JPG
    P1120661.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 954
  • P1120659.JPG
    P1120659.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 954
  • P1120658.JPG
    P1120658.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 954
  • P1120657.JPG
    P1120657.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 954
Re:

Sorry, the last time I posted anything this big to N. Europe it cost something like £55 and for this, it's just not worth it....

Re:

It's pretty ropey Steven, and just thought....could be difficult to post with the seat post seized, as it would mean a very odd shaped box/large box.... :LOL:

Anyway, can double check measurements, but is 17.5" from centre BB to top of seat tube, and from memory was 16" to the top tube/seat tube (ie, 'stand over')

Re: Lots of crap rusty stuff - Kili, Avid Arch Rival, XT, ODI...

I can remove the seat post, there wont be anything left of it afterwards (seat post that is) but at least you will have the clamp,

would do it for a couple of beer tokens

I am in Swindon - Wilts

this was an alloy post seized in an alloy tube:
p4pb14478112.jpg

Re: Lots of crap rusty stuff - Kili, Avid Arch Rival, XT, ODI...

You could always just cut the seatpost to get the clamp...depends how bad you want it!

Re:

Thanks chaps, but for what this is worth to me or anyone else for that matter, might just as well scrap it than waste any more time on it. I've other clamps!

Is currently soaking upside down in the workstand with tons of WD40....if that doesn't work I'll take it along to the cycle jumble I'm doing in a few weeks and someone will no doubt take it away, cost and hassle to me....nothing! :LOL:

Back