Muddy Fox Explorer - 1988 ** SOLD **

PhilipH

Retro Newbie
FOR SALE: my 1988 Muddy Fox Explorer, back when Muddy Fox built great bikes.

I am the first and only owner of this amazingly original 19.5” framed Explorer.
Everything (and I mean everything) is original, except the tyres, brake blocks and the seat pin bolt, and in pretty good condition. I could list everything but anyone interested will know the spec. and the photos tell most of the story, but please feel free to ask anything.

There are numerous small paint chips across the frame, because it has been used, yet cared for. Chips aside the paintwork is looking good and all the decals are intact. To top it off I have the original purchase invoice from Kingston Cycles (now Evans).

I also have a Blackburn rear rack and low rider front carrier from the same period. The bike was used for touring more than rough single track use.

It's not been used for many years so I've purposely not properly cleaned it so you can see the real condition. I guess the buyer will strip it down and give it a thorough refurb.

£250

Cash on collection only
Based in Taunton, Somerset

Cheers

Attachments

• Saddle.jpg
    Saddle.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 599
  • FrontHub.jpg
    FrontHub.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 599
  • BrakeGearShifters.jpg
    BrakeGearShifters.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 599
  • DriveTrain.jpg
    DriveTrain.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 599
  • ExplorerDriveSide.jpg
    ExplorerDriveSide.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 600
Re: Muddy Fox Explorer - 1988

Hi yoeddygrant

I didn't want the hassle but I've looked at the cost of couriering it and if you are happy to pay the cost £25, I'll box it up and send. That assumes you are happy to buy without seeing.

Let me know what you think? If you want more pictures or detail, just shout.

Philip

Back