Overbury's Pioneer Frameset

I have a spair dirt drop laying around (3T WB1) if you need one @Boyburning drop me a line - and btw this frameset is just...yummy :)

Hello

Is the Pioneer still for sale ?

Am interested in it - I registered on here some years ago but haven't got any real 'history'

A couple of more senior members can vouch for me - Tangent & Barney Butterell.
I am originally from Somerset (Mendip Hills) and used to visit Overbury's in Bristol when I was first into MTB's - got very close to having a frame built,
but parents and my pocket money wouldn't allow it in the end !

Could you give me any other history of the frame please - obviously you have refurbished it - I have had several frames restored by Argos in Bristol.

Thank you & regards,

Simon House

* EDITED * Just realized this is an 'open' post & not a PM (Noob !)

PM Sent..

Hi Simon - not sure what other details I have that would be of interest. I acquired the frame and fork from Glossop many moons ago. It was in it's original yellow and blue paint scheme but was rather too patina'd over all surfaces to be retained. I had the frame stripped and inspected, then painted at Atlantic Boulevard in North Manchester. Note that this is not powder coat but 'proper' spray paint to a unique colour mix and that the decals are lacquered under a gloss layer. Here's some photos of the frame as I received it back in 2007. Let me know what other queries you may have and I'll do my best to answer them. There's a lot of good info on Overbury's on this forum if you haven't discovered it already - over 165 pages (using the Search function).

Attachments

• Fillet o Lugged.jpg
    Fillet o Lugged.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 362
  • Pioneer Fillet.jpg
    Pioneer Fillet.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 362
Back