Saracen MTB late 80s/early 90s

M Bee

Retro Newbie
Hi, I have an old Saracen Limited Edition mountain bike looking for a new home. I bought it in 1993 from a friend of mine. I'm not sure exactly what year it is, but I would guess around 1990. I used it regularly until 2004, although mostly for my short cycle to work - it did little actual mountain biking in my time.
Since 2004, it has been in storage in my shed and has gradually deteriorated with age. I always told myself I'd refresh it at some point, but never had, so I'm now looking to rehome it.
I'm pretty sure all the cables will need replacing. The frame is marked TANGE CR-MO tubing set/shifters are Shimano Exage Mountain.

If anyone is interested, let me know. Edit - it's listed on eBay with starting price of £10.

Thanks, Marcus

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    72.3 KB · Views: 857
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    49.4 KB · Views: 856
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 856
Re:

Hi, looks interesting, needs a bit of work but definately "do-uppable".

You'll need to put a price in your advert though or it'll get locked or deleted.

Not taking the mick, I love an old u braked sari, but that worth literally nowt, £30 if you are lucky

Probably more splitting

Re:

I've listed the bike on eBay now. If I get no interest it'll just go to the top. Put it up here first as my local cycle shop said there might be interest.
Would prefer it to go to enthusiast so still available through Retrobike if anyone wants it.
Thanks, Marcus

Re:

Might be interested...I know of somebody who was looking for a Saracen of this era. Either way, don't take it to the tip ;)

Where are you based?

I'm just north of Newbury. Offers don't have to be financial - I'm not expecting big bucks. I'd quite like someone who knows what they are doing to tune my sons bike (but I suspect it may have slightly warped discs as I struggle to get the brakes right - it probably has cheap components though)

Just put an arbitrary price in your advert or you risk it being deleted by a moderator for not having a price shown.

Back