Kona Cinder Cone - Early 90's - Modernised

Cuz

Retro Newbie
For sale is my modernised Kona Cinder Cone.

The frame dates from the early 90's and was originally black but I recently had it powder coated deep orange and applied new decals.

The frame is the only original part on the bike, everything else is new. I've ridden this bike around 50 miles since the restoration so everything works perfectly and looks as new. It is a dream to ride, the modern XT 1x11 drive train complements the old steel frame beautifully and the new Mavic wheels are beyond smooth! Please see the spec list below:

FRAME SIZE 20" (1992-1993 I think)
FORK P2
HEADSET FSA
CHAINSET Shimano XT M8000 34t 175mm
BOTTOM BRACKET Shimano XT M8000 Hollowtech 2
CHAIN Shimano Ultegra 11spd
CASSETTE Shimano XT 11-42
REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano XT Shadow M8000
SHIFTERS Shimano XT M8000 11spd
BRAKES Shimano Deore T610
BRAKE LEVERS Shimano Deore T610
PEDALS Wellgo V8
BAR Brand X Riser 740mm
STEM Brand X 60mm
QUILL ADAPTER Brand X
SEATPOST Brand X 350mm
WHEELS Mavic Crossride 2017
TYRES Schwalbe Rapid Rob K Guard 2.1"
SADDLE San Marco Concor
GRIPS Easton Thick Lock-on
BOTTLE CAGE - Elite

I really don't want to let this go but I have another project I'm itching to start so I can't justify keeping it.

There are 3 minor imperfections on the bike that I can see. There is a small ding just behind the chain ring and the frame has 2 tiny chips. I have taken closeup photographs of these.

Please follow the link below to my Google Drive folder where there are 38 high definition photos.

I'm looking for £550 ONO.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwDB6 ... HhHT0VUd0U

Thanks for looking.

That's lovely! I'm sure it upsets a few purists, but it's right up my street ~ good work, fella! Sorry, not in the market to buy (and it's too big for me) but good luck with the sale :)

Is that an Acor brake cable stop? I was going to do the same thing to fit V-brakes, but I might just have a stop brazed on.

Re:

Hi Rogerzilla yes it is. I had the original dog collar but it was too tatty to put back on the bike.

Back