Selling my baby...Vintage Kona Kilauea 19 inch

onedpete

Retro Newbie
So, I've had this since new, it was my 3rd kona and this was my pride and joy, the beautiful Race Light Columbus Cyber cromoly frame was, and is, a joy to ride. I raced xc on this in the 90s and it was a flyer, super light and resilient in the rough. I really would like to keep it, but needs must, I just ordered up a new Bird Aeris and I don't have the space for it. Anyway, before I get too emotional, here's the spec....

Think it's a '96 Kilauea, size 19inch. Columbus Cyber triple butted tube set.

Original Project 2 forks. These are mint as I swapped them out for some truly awful undamped elastomer sprung Manitou Mach 5 suspension forks!!

8 speed Gripshift

XT rear mech

Alivio? Chainset

Deore LX V brakes

Mavic rims on Shimano Xt Parallax hubs.

Either Club Roost risers or original Kona/Easton Racelight flat bars.

Kona Impact headset (bit of play)

The bike is in pretty bloody brilliant condition really. No rust, just a few light scuffs n scrapes and a bit of chain slap. Lovely aquamarine metallic paint. It's a classic with lots of original and retro kit. I'm not even sure how to price it tbh, I was thinking offers around £400? Pics and any questions just ask. Cheers

Re:

Slight amendments to my listing... The riser bars are actually Kore not Club Roost as I thought and rims are magic 221. Also, rocket V saddle on original Kona race light post.

Back