Muddy Fox Monarch 86 (S&G Araya, Deerhead)

jaypee

Senior Retro Guru
Not sure what to do with this. It's too small so its gotta go. Old Muddy Foxes generally don't go for much money but there are some nice parts on it and I wouldn't want to let them go too cheap as I could use them or split it. But then its a shame to split it. So I'm gonna post it up here for a price where i wouldn't hesitate to sell and give it some more thought if it doesn't.

Not sure why it doesn't have Monarch decals but that's certainly what it is.

£150 plus post.

Just hit submit by mistake! Will add more detail...

Re:

Rides very nicely, all nice and tight. Took it for its first spin today and it's not even close to big enough (funny how I always have to try before i accept what I already know perfectly well!)

Ignore the tyres, will come with something different.

I've given it a pretty good clean and a tweak but no more than that. I may strip it and clean more thoroughly but i generally wouldn't for a bike I'm not keeping. Will see how it goes.

All parts working well. Some fairly scuffed but otherwise fine. Saddle is intact, no tears, just a scuff (which a bit of black boot polish would probably fix).

Mostly M700 Deerhead with awesome Suntour XC bear trap pedals and Sugino cranks.

And with the portage pad!

Probably about 20" c-c (will check) which is perhaps an 18" in new money

I'm quite Fox fan (got an 89 seeker and have had a couple of others) and I'm pretty chuffed just to have had this pass through the stable. Always fancied an S&G and apparently this was the first year they switched to calling them Muddy Fox (but still with the S&G styling). There's a great thread on here somewhere where an old MF employee gives a bit of background - will try and find and link.

Edit: here we go, great thread from Sinnerman viewtopic.php?f=1&t=284424

Actually it was this one but I'll leave the other one there too viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18576&start=20

Back