FS: 1991 Frontiera (Border Cycles) 17"

mynchiboy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Due to a need to crack on with other builds (and a lack of space) I've decided to let a couple of complete builds and frames go. This was the last in and therefore first out - it's also a little bit too small for me TBH.

Frame is as described above - a Frontiera branded model originally offered by Border Cycles. These were produced by a handful of top builders, with this one was most likely made by M Steels at a guess owing to the detailing on the frame. Frame is Reynolds 531 AT with some nice fillet brazing around the front triangle and matching lugged fork.

Frame condition is very good with no dents or signs of damage. The paint is typically a little fragile for 25+ year old enamel. The worst marks are on the rear triangle from what looks like some kind of rack (child seat?) fitment in the past and the front mech area. It still looks very bright indeed though in the daylight and I've tried to touch up any paint loss with as near a matching shade of enamel as I could find! Seat tube measurements are 15" centre to centre, 17" centre to top, with a 21.5" top tube.

Transmission is a near complete set of M732/5 Deore XT, with the exception of a DX headset and M525 LX SPD pedals. This is all in good nick and was throughly cleaned before fitting, with new cables and outers added. Brakes have been fitted with new salmon Kool Stops to replace the hardened originals. Cables are only a couple of rides old so will probably need a little bit more dialling in later down the line, but everything works 100% at present.

The wheelset is a rather nice Dave Hinde set built around Mavic 531 hubs, matching skewers and what I think are possibly FIR or Mavic rims. Tyres are 1.5 Conti Cross Countrys that suit the bike well, they are rideable enough on smoothish terrain but are a little bit cracked from age - I would change these for any harder use though.

Other finishing kit includes a correct era Turbo saddle, Tioga stem, Ritchey grips and some period diamond back bars.

I would like £350 posted in the UK for this, collection from Central/East London is also welcome. Some pictures are below :)

Attachments

• front 5.jpg
    front 5.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 1,058
  • front 4.jpg
    front 4.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 1,058
  • front 3.jpg
    front 3.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 1,059
  • front 2.jpg
    front 2.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 1,058
  • front 1.jpg
    front 1.jpg
    238.9 KB · Views: 1,060
Re:

More :)

Attachments

• front 8.jpg
    front 8.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 1,053
  • front 7.jpg
    front 7.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 1,052
  • front 6.jpg
    front 6.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 1,053
Re:

nobby the sheep":1zbe4ekj said:
I know of the lass who's father owned the shop ,she's been looking for one,will try and make contact

Interesting! That's really appreciated, thank you very much :D

Back