Free - 1990 Kona Fire mountain frame/fork needing TLC

mynchiboy

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
The clearing out continues with this. I'm a sucker for a splatter Kona and this one is particularly splattery- look at the madness on the seat tube there! I rescued it a while back from a back of a venue I worked at (with the owners permission of course), but haven't had the time to sort what with other projects mounting up.

Frame paint isn't too bad overall but there's two main issues. Firstly the seat post has been stuck and badly butchered, then the same person decided to do the same with the (stuck) stem :facepalm:

I would say sawing the stem out is probably the only option here, with the same on the seat post. Caustic soda could be a plan B but this might ruin the paint? Frame measures a little bit more than 18" centre to top, so I'm assuming that it's a 18" frame.
Bottom bracket is included - it looks to be quite recent but I'm thinking that this might also be a swine to remove...

Free to collect from either London E4 (Chingford) or my Central London workplace near Kings Cross/WC1 :)

Attachments

• FM3.jpg
    FM3.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 438
  • FM2.jpg
    FM2.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 438
  • FM1.jpg
    FM1.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 438
Back