Overbury's Pioneer Frameset

mrkawasaki

Retrobike Rider
Stripped and painted/gloss coated under my ownership a delicious pistachio green, this 18" Pioneer remains in fabulous condition. Selling as a frame and fork with new BB and headset in situ. Dimensions are 22" effective top tube and 18 1/2" from centre of BB to top of seat tube. Ridden once at a Mayhem since being built, has no dints or chain suck. Three very minor and discrete chips (see following detailed photos) short of being perfect. Serial number is 2A40 - unsure whether this is a 531/Columbus mix. For reasons I cannot now remember I believed this was a 1988/89 year. Maybe experts can enlighten us?

Can add pristine black u-brake if required for a further £10.

Asking £295 posted within the UK - REDUCED TO £225 POSTED WITHIN THE UK.
Dibs does not necessarily mean 'sold' - just PMs preferred please.

Will leave the all-important Retrobike Rider sticker in place but will remove the years-old Malvern mud...

Attachments

• Overbruys Pioneer.jpg
    Overbruys Pioneer.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 1,559
  • Overbury_s Pioneer at Mountain Mayhem 2011.jpg
    Overbury_s Pioneer at Mountain Mayhem 2011.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1,550
More pics.

Attachments

• IMG_8484.jpg
    IMG_8484.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 1,552
  • IMG_8482.jpg
    IMG_8482.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 1,551
  • IMG_8480.jpg
    IMG_8480.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 1,552
  • IMG_8478.jpg
    IMG_8478.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 1,554
  • IMG_8477.jpg
    IMG_8477.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 1,553
Re:

Was this a 'small-ish' fit for you Neil?

ie. would it likely be a good fit for me, or slightly too large...?

Looks like it might just be do-able, but at the same time, might be just a little too much...

Re: Re:

BoyBurning":2bz4tzbo said:
Was this a 'small-ish' fit for you Neil?

ie. would it likely be a good fit for me, or slightly too large...?

Looks like it might just be do-able, but at the same time, might be just a little too much...

Did you fall asleep in a greenhouse?!

al.

Yes - definitely always too small for me. I've now acquired a bigger one to build up - hence this sale (here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=365624). Dunno about your size Tom - 22" effective top tube x 18" seat tube. Colour is a very midlands willow green...

Attachments

• willow green.jpg
    willow green.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 1,431
Re:

:)

Do you have the gubbins left to do the drop bar as you used to have it in previously [in the link you posted] or have they been reappropriated...?

Seatpost diameter...?

I probz have the stem but the dirt drops went onto another bike... Seat post size will have to wait until daylight (but it will be 27.2).

Latest posts

Back