1992 Marin Team Issue 17.5" with Manitou 1 and original fork

Minifreak

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Okay guys, I don't really want to sell this but needs must.

Rebuilt last Autumn and it was a real labour of love, see my restoration here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=353186&hilit=1992+Team+Issue+marin

1992 Marin Catalogue:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/d/12565-2/1992.pdf

I built it as close to catalogue spec as I could, differences being

Grips which are Ritchey WCS's
Saddle is a Flite Ti
Tyres are IRC Geo Claws
Rear hub is an XT so running a 7 speed cassette.

£900

PM me if you have any questions.

Re: Re:

Dunx78":2zis82dy said:
NO MATE DONT DO IT!!!!

If this doesn't go it may be the GT Team RTS and my Manitou FS projects come up for sale. Must say I'd rather keep the Marin but my new project is also rigid and steel, don't need two the same.

Re: 1992 Marin Team Issue 17.5" & optional Manitou 1 forks

Bump for a lovely lovely bike built with love

Re: 1992 Marin Team Issue 17.5" & optional Manitou 1 forks

Bike is in the process of being sold, however if anyone else is inte the stem let me know. Now £900 including the Manitou 1's which are fitted, and the original forks.

Re:

I know I'm kind of biased but why on earth has this not sold yet?! This was a £1500-1600 highly respected bike back in the day with the period correct manitou 1 option and top flite tange tubeset....
This is a genuinely great bike unlike some over hyped cool at the moment bikes that are deemed better ;)

Re: Re:

shawnb":2ggnfkey said:
I know I'm kind of biased but why on earth has this not sold yet?! This was a £1500-1600 highly respected bike back in the day with the period correct manitou 1 option and top flite tange tubeset....
This is a genuinely great bike unlike some over hyped cool at the moment bikes that are deemed better ;)

Thanks for these words Shawn, whoever buys this will be getting a superb bike.

If I hadn't just finished another top quality steel bike build, and didn't need the cash towards an expensive GT Xizang purchase, I'd certainly be keeping it. This Marin is an amazing ride and superb quality when the brand were top of their game :)

Back