14" Dirt Research Bandelier Columbus Thron tubed frameset...

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Would consider a swap with cash my way for a decent set of SID's or similar lightweight 100mm plus travel forks, or rigid 440mm plus axle to crown sus corrected equivalent. Also after a stunning headset, CK or similar sealed bearing, etc, etc.... ;)

OK, so here's the story...bought this off Lynne (Mamadirt), then a SC Chameleon frame came up on the 'bay and I won it for peanuts. Having always wanted one since 1998, it's now the sole focus of my attention/money/parts bin, and I need to release the capital in this frame. I really can't keep both, there just isn't enough money to run two bikes at the moment, and I want the SC to have the best. Plus, through no fault of it's own, I just haven't fallen in love with this -

Dirt Research Bandelier frame, 14", made of Columbus Thron steel tubing, with Ritchey drop outs. With Tange 4130 forks that match, plus stem and bars. There's plenty of info on here and on line from when Lynne had it and was building it up, just google it. It was NOS, Lynne might have built it up and ridden it a few miles, but that's all. There is the odd scrape in the lacquer but hardly anything, and marks where the wheels have sat in the drop outs. Bars and stem have not been used but may have the odd storage mark. Needs 27.0mm post, 30mm clamp and takes a 73mm BB (I have these which I may let go by separate negotiation)

All dimensions: Seat tube centre to top - 14", seat tube centre to where top tube meets - 13", top tube actual, centre to centre - 20 3/4", effective stand over taken at midway point along top tube - 28".

For sale is JUST the frame/forks/bars/stem. It owes me more but I'm going to keep the headset in it for now, and a BB that I was given for it, so I've knocked a little off what I paid to reflect this. Therefore, £100 the lot The price is firm, and postage is another £15 on top (again, firm) with ParcelForce 48, and that's what it costs me as I have to use the PO. Sorry, UK postage only!

I've the original receipt from when it was bought in the states which I'll find out and include too.

Not going to leave it too long before I put it on the FB pages where things like this go pretty quick, so please, post here then rapid PM if interested, thanks. Some pics, can get more if you like:

Attachments

• Salsa, Dirt Research 002.JPG
    Salsa, Dirt Research 002.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,157
  • Salsa, Dirt Research 001.JPG
    Salsa, Dirt Research 001.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 1,157
  • Bandelier 002.JPG
    Bandelier 002.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 1,157
  • Bandelier 004.JPG
    Bandelier 004.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,157
  • DRB IV.jpg
    DRB IV.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 833
  • DRB II.jpg
    DRB II.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 833
Re:

Over 300 views and not a sniff for this.....?? :?

If it helps, I would swap with some cash my way, for a decent set of SID's or similar lightweight 100mm plus travel forks, or something rigid with at least 440mm axle to crown, ie, 100mm sus corrected. Also wouldn't mind an amazing headset, by which I probably mean, CK..... :LOL:

Re: Re:

wicket":3keqjdij said:
I think that's really nice. Shame it's 5 inches too small.

:LOL:

Think it's a sign of the times really that this hasn't been snapped up, bloody cheap frameset, especially for something so special.

I might be up for this Kaz, need to measure my lad first though and see if this will fit him... will try and get back to you tomorrow

Back