1988 Marin Pine Mountain £175 Posted Size 18.5"

Spanky22b

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Decided to split my 18.5" 1988 Marin Pine Mountain down because i want to use the parts for my 88 Montana to get that up and running,it's been up in the loft for to long now.

The Tange Prestige frame has no cracks or dents,the original silver/lilac paintwork is in good condition for it's age with just the usual wear and tear chips etc and the same with the original Tange forks.
I'd gave everything a really good clean and polish and then put the replacement decals on from Gil-M which are perfect.
What you get is the frame and forks,original Marin stem and the original Shimano Deore BB. There's also the Shimano Deore headset and the original Kalloy seatclamp.
Frame size measures 18.5" from centre of BB to the top of the seatube.
BB width 68mm
Seatpost size 26.6mm

Attachments

• IMAG3970_1.jpg
    IMAG3970_1.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 1,279
  • IMAG3980_1.jpg
    IMAG3980_1.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 1,278
  • IMAG3983_1.jpg
    IMAG3983_1.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 1,279
  • IMAG3978_1.jpg
    IMAG3978_1.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 1,277
  • IMAG3984_1.jpg
    IMAG3984_1.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 1,276
  • IMAG3982_2.jpg
    IMAG3982_2.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 1,275
  • IMAG3982_1_1.jpg
    IMAG3982_1_1.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 1,272
Re:

Sweet memories of this particular model. Such a lively comfortable ride and great handling.

Re:

Changed my mind again,decided to sell the pine mountain as a full bike.

£210 PayPal gift payment or add the extra 4% for the trade option.

As i mentioned in the post above,the frame and forks have no cracks or dints just the usual patina on a 29 year old bike. The replacement decals were from Gil-M so are high quality.
All the parts were cleaned and polished and the only main part which is not standard is the back wheel,which is a M-732 Deore XT rear hub on a Mavic M231 rim.
The only thing different on the bike from the photo is the seatpost quick release has been changed back to the original Kalloy one.
It's got a new 7 speed HG Shimano cassette with a new HG Shimano chain but i'll include a new uniglide 6 speed cassette aswell which is what it had standard spec also the XT hub takes both types of cassettes.
The bike is an 18/18.5" depends where you measure it from,18" from the top of the BB shell to the top of the seatube or 18.5" taken from the centre of the BB to the same point.
There's more photos of the bike on the build thread.

Uk postage only.

Re:

The spec:

F&F: Tange Prestige Frame with Tange forks oem spec.
Stem: Marin oem spec.
Bars: Tioga Tange Prestige.
Headset: Shimano Deore.
Seatpost: new EX systems.
Saddle: San Marco.
Seatpost Q/R: oem spec Kalloy.
Brake levers: oem spec Shimano Deore MT60.
Cantilevers: oem spec Shimano Deore MT60.
U-Brake: oem spec Shimano Deore MT61.
Cables: new
Shifters: oem spec Shimano Deore MT60 6 speed.
Front Mech: oem spec Shimano Deore MT60.
Rear Mech: oem spec Shimano Deore MT60 6 speed.
Chainset: oem spec Shimano Deore MT60 Biopace.
BB: Shimano Deore XT.
Pedals: Shimano Deore comp MT61.
Chain: Shimano HG new.
Cassette: Shimano HG 7 speed new.
Spare Shimano UG 6 speed new.
Cables: New.
Hubs: Front oem spec Shimano Deore MT60.
Rear Shimano Deore XT M-732 UG/HG 6/7speed.
Rims: Front oem spec Araya RM20.
Rear Mavic M231.
Tyres: Ritchey Megabite World Championship low density compound.
Were nos with easily less than 100 miles usage on them.

Re:

Just remembered could you show your interest on here first before sending a pm,cheers :)

Also i had changed the bb to an XT cartridge one and the price is now £190 posted,that's the lowest i'll go before putting it in the loft :LOL:

Re: Re:

sthodgson":23glwo4c said:
Could I ask how tall you are and that set up for you?

Cheers,
Sam

I'm 5ft 10" Sam and the bike fits me perfectly,you sit nice and comfortable. Your not to far stretched out like a full on race bike set up but also it's not what i would call a sit up and beg riding position.

Back