1996 Cannondale Killer V900, serviced, reduced, poss. split

MisterGrizzly

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all, how's things?

Achilles surgery and the fact I've changed jobs meaning I don't have a short commute have both conspired to the fact that I'm just lovingly looking at my V but not actually riding it, so with a heavy heart she's up for sale.

Ebay link is below for further information purposes and photos and I'm open to sensible offers (would rather it went to a member on here if possible!). The bike is of course available to view and please feel free to contact me should you have any questions. Size is Large (I think!), and the seat tube is 20" from bb centre to top, but as you probably know, V's come up a little different in their sizing - all I can say is she's set up for me in a leisurely fashion (stem rising, could drop, plenty of seatpost adjustability available too), and I'm 6'1.

Frame condition is excellent barring a few paint scuffs (all paintwork is original by the way and not touched up!) and I have fitted the following brand new parts bought specifically for the bike:

Tubes
Inner and outer cables
Selle Italia Flite Titanium saddle
Brake pads
Schwalbe Tyres
Ritchey grips
Shimano 11-25 cassette
KMC 8spd chain

I have also upgraded the shifters and brakes to period correct Deore XT STI and V Brakes which is all in truly excellent condition and the bike has been serviced at Fred Williams where everything was checked over and new hub bearings were fitted. I'm very particular about my bikes and this shows in my V, she's had a lot of love :)

Sadly I've not used her since the ride home from the service :( hence the reason for sale!

You'll probably know this already but she comes with the trick machined CODA 502m chainset which has plenty of life left and looks amazing. The original folding amber wall IRC Geoclaw tyres will also be included in the sale and you're also welcome to the original X-Ray Gripshift, though the grips have perished (replaced as I say by the XT rapidfire plus sti).

Original spec can be seen at vintage cannondale here in the '96 brochure:

http://vintagecannondale.com/year/1996/1996.pdf

Here's the eBay link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Retro-1996-Co ... Sw241YjjqG

£600 for her, ready to go, fully maintained, serviced and upgraded with quality parts (other than the obvious 'get you home' pedals!).

Now £500 ono :)

Genuine, reluctant sale.

Pictures, compressed and in artificial light don't really do her justice on here!

Thanks for looking and best wishes :)

Attachments

• IMG_1104.JPG
    IMG_1104.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,727
  • IMG_1103.JPG
    IMG_1103.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 1,727
  • IMG_1105.JPG
    IMG_1105.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 1,727
  • IMG_1106.JPG
    IMG_1106.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 1,726
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: 1996 Cannondale Killer V900, serviced, maintained & upgraded

Price reduced to £550 ono

As I say, these photographs don't do her justice!

Drivetrain like new, brand new components and a fantastically original V :)

Lovely, but those big-diameter tubes and solid fork can be a bit of a back-breaker. And too rich for my bank manager these days. Good luck with it, though... somebody'll bag a classic.

Still available :)

Like a new bike with all of the new bits, well sourced upgrades and the original condition - Just the odd paint chip! As I say, photos don't do her justice :cool:

Have a great weekend folks!

Re:

Open to offers ladies and gents - something around £500 for the complete bike, full of XT, new bits and that lovely machined chainset...

If it helps I can remove the seatpost and saddle as I can use those elsewhere and lower the price some more for someone...?

OR...

If anyone is interested in the frame and forks (a shame to (as the paintwork is original and rare matte blue) but possibly for polishing up?!) then I mayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy well split as there's lots of good quality stuff in excellent or new condition on this bike (just a shame I'm never going to use it after speccing it all up - wasn't intended to be sold!)!

So feel free to get in touch or PM guys and girls - parts listed above but frameset would need to go first (although as I say sorry to split it so would rather sell complete as she's been serviced!).

:)

Re:

Get in touch for better photographs by the way - taken some in the sunshine now we've had some but they're too big to display from my tablet! :facepalm:

Back