XTR M900 groupset and Mongoose IBOC Pro SX Carbon hardtail

julesg007

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Shimano M900 Series Group Set.

Apart from the brake blocks I believe this to be a complete group set including the rare seat post QR, but please let me know if I am incorrect!

Overall in very good order with some NOS parts.

Parts marked with an asterisk were removed from a Mongoose IBOC Pro SX Carbon hardtail with Manitou Answer Comp forks, which is also for sale and I was advised the bike had only travelled around 150 miles before being put into long term storage. After stripping the frame I thought about re-building the bike but with a complete XTR M900 series group set so I got hold of all the missing parts but never got around to re-building the bike!

The group set comprises of the following items;

ST-M900 STI's *; very good condition with rubber boots but the original machine screw from the bottom of rear mech STI was missing so I replaced it with a brass machine screw. In good working order.
RD-M900 Rear Mech *; very good condition with normal marks from use, jockey wheels are also in very good order.
FD-M901 Front Mech; NOS with instructions but not boxed. 34.9mm TP.
CS-M900 Cassette *; very good condition - 12/13/14/16/18/21/24/28.
Chain *; by Sachs marked PG.
FC-M900 Front Crankset *; very good order with minimal wear to the chain rings. Arms do show signs of use and decals have been rubbed off but a re-polish and replacement decals and it would look like new! SG-X chain rings. 46/36/26. 170mm. A pair of replacement adhesive decals will be provided
BR-M900 Brake set; in good order and complete with mounting bolts and washers and straddle wires. There is, however, some loss of the decals. Supplied with Kool-Stop brake blocks.
HP-M901 Head Set; NOS and boxed. 1 & 1/8th threaded.
BB-UN91 Bottom Bracket; in good working order. 113mm
SP-M900 Seat Post; Black anno finish which is showing signs of wear and some rust spots. Lightweight steel post with and alloy head. Probably better polishing the post and replacing decals and lacquer it.
SQ-M900 Seat Post QR; NOS and boxed.
HB-M900 & FH-M900 wheel-set; 32h laced to Campagnolo Stheno rims complete with QR's. Very good order, straight and spin freely. Polished rims. QR rubbers are present but do have some cracks but not broken.

Am looking for £750 posted in mainland U.K. For highlands and Islands please provide your postcode so I can check postage rates. Will to send worldwide but will only send via a tracked, signed for and insured service.

Now £650 with the same as above.

Please note that I have the following options;

a) I have a pair of 175mm cranks and can swap them if longer cranks were preferred, however, they are not in as good a condition as the 170mm as there is some pitting to the arms but they are still in a good useable condition but would need replacement decals of which a pair of self adhesive ones will be provided.

b) I have seatposts in both 27 and 27.2mm, however, they are the later SP-M910 all alloy by Easton version. They 27mm is in superb order and was NOS before use and has only very minimal marks. The 27.2mm isn't as good as there has been some surface corrosion which has left some marks, these may get better if re-polished. Some wear to the decals.

Pics below but need to get some of the brakes!

Mongoose Pro SX Carbon Hardtail with Manitou Answer Comp Forks.

Finished in dark green. Overall in good condition but does show signs of age use and from being in storage. A nice vintage early carbon frame. The forks have fantastic CNC work on them and have dark grey lowers. There is some marking to the elastomer chamber covers. Titanium canti bosses.

Will come with a purple quill stem and riser bars with brace. Purple seat post binder QR and canti brake guide. I also have a NOS Mongoose IBOC saddle from 1989 that whilst predating the frame I will include it as well.

C2C 16", C2T 17", TT 21 1/2" and HT 4 1/4"

I'm looking for £250.00 - Now £200 plus postage at cost but please note that the forks will need new elastomers.

Quick pic below but will get some better ones uploaded.

I'm open to offers on both items as I'm moving overseas and would rather not take them with me! If my prices are off please let me know!

Cheers all

Jules

A late Saturday evening bump!

Must be sold, happy for offers and best deal on frame, forks and parts as that is why I put the groupset together!

Latest posts

Back