Mountain Biking - The Untold British Story DVD

Re: Re:

expected ;)

legrandefromage":1j43buhi said:
Antstark":1j43buhi said:
Maybe we just move this to the chat part of the forum :roll:

Also I have watched it twice now .....mainly to work out if I could spot LGF......not sure how much that has devalued it

well thats a big f**k you

And thanks THM... Yours was sent yesterday :D

Re: Re:

Antstark":1z8z8cf8 said:
expected ;)

legrandefromage":1z8z8cf8 said:
Antstark":1z8z8cf8 said:
Maybe we just move this to the chat part of the forum :roll:

Also I have watched it twice now .....mainly to work out if I could spot LGF......not sure how much that has devalued it

well thats a big f**k you

And thanks THM... Yours was sent yesterday :D

How long does it take for a big f**k you to arrive?

legrandefromage":1uvalbxg said:
Any involvement I had in the film was purely by accident, a case of right place right time. I am often wrong but I definitely get a slight hint of resentment from one or two - I've never seen the film, it'll be a while before I do if at all and it would simply be funny to see me on the big screen as it would be for anyone else who was there that day.

I am sorry to say that 'The Big Cheese's contribution' to the film was left on the cutting room floor, though he is credited as being an 'Additional' Contributor in the end credits.

Here is a picture of 'The Big Cheese' in action (centre screen, partially obscured by a tree )

The section that LGF was involved with was intended to cover the early UK recreational scene with the beginnings of a network of regular local monthly rides in 1982, and the later setting up of the CCCC (Cross Country Cycling Club) and its newsletter, Making Tracks. Because of this none of that wet Sunday afternoon's footage appeared in the film, though the odd clip did appear online.

Unfortunately this was one of several narratives that was dropped including the UK origins of the 27.5 and 29er mountain bike wheel-sizes.

I was however very pleased that they did mention 'Tracker' bikes, because these were the true forerunners of the MTB in Britain. However, despite 'Tracker Bikes' being popular all over Britain and beyond, for the best part of three decades, very little in the way of film footage of them is known to survive. Certainly not enough to do this (almost forgotten) period of UK social and sporting history justice.

Attachments

• CVpu9ldWcAAveFy.jpg large.jpg
    CVpu9ldWcAAveFy.jpg large.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 237
I have a face only a cutting room floor could love.

'Additional' Contributor'

Yay! Best credit I've had in years.

Cheers Grahame!

Back