XT m739/569 spider adaptor ALL SOLD

dyna-ti

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
This is the adaptor i picked up the other day.Says its made by QBP(quality bicycle parts and dated 1997 and they call it a mutant spider. All very bowie :LOL: :LOL:

I was hoping it would be a different bcd to the standard one but it wasnt :( (standard one on the right) so theres no point in having 2 and as its a complete m739 groupset im building theres no room for an after market part no matter how bloody handy it is.

New and unused.
Just replaces that annoying spiderless outer allowing standard rings to be used.You unscrew the lockring(after taking off the wire clip) replace the outer and do the lockring back up. As simple as it gets really.
No doubt a number of good nick cranks looking to get back into use.
Price on the packet is £39.99

So how does £25 sound ;) inc Post UK. Abroad be a little extra.

*(The silver XT version isnt for sale)*

The spider arrived sealed inside its original packaging and according to that there should have been spacers in the packet for the granny ring. There were no spacers but measuring up between the two side by side the spacers are no more than a mil. Might actually be not needed but if so i think a couple of Hope disc shim washers would make up any shortfall.

Slightly odd in that the packet was totally sealed :? Cant think were the spacers would be :? Might be a case of different spider in the same packaging.

SPIDERS SOLD

Attachments

• X and LX spider 94+58mm 5 arm 009 (Custom).JPG
    X and LX spider 94+58mm 5 arm 009 (Custom).JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 660
Re:

I know it's the same as the XT one, so what's the BCD of the XT one...? :LOL:
Guessing 74/110mm.

Also, any idea whether it would also fit m95*? Know there's a degree of compatibility but I believe that it sometimes involves a file...

Thanks! :)

Re: XT m739/569 spider adaptor 94/58mm 5 arm

No, thats what im saying, theyre both the same bcd. 94/58mm and after checking mombat it looks like they stopped doing 110/74 in 1994 :? Hyperdrive 'C' i think

Answer 2# Nope. Ive a 4 bolt xtr dh spider i thought would fit but it doesnt and i shouldnt think it works the other way around Its got an additional 4 'splines' the xtr doesnt have

Oh Crud - was that in the title the whole time...??? :oops: :oops: :oops:

*Sorry*

Re:

They should be criss compatible but I found the 5 arm XT/lx one and the M950 do not. Well the XT don't the 950 as it too fat.
It should fit the ?952 though as they altered it abit.

Thee of proof of my saying but that in the shimano catalogue for those years and they all at home.

It does not if course mean it actually does as I have no 952s to try.

The mc40 stx arms can also use this over it's modern 4arm version and so should the early 00s cranks.

Anyways back on with the sale. :oops:

Long gone im afraid. Ebay too so heavens knows where. :)

Re:

There's one on eBay for about £24 - I nearly bagged it myself this morning for an m950 conversion.

It's in my basket so best be quick before I change my mind! ;)

If youre looking for something like it for an SS i can give you one of the middle/outer spiders where ive ground off all the teeth. Stick on a single ring and the ground down outer makes for a neat chain/trouser guard ;) You can have for postage.

Back