BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Rocky Mountain Fan
Brodie Fan
Feedback
View
Ok, so this is the first frame in what will be a big clearout from me, with lots of parts, frames and some complete bikes to follow. I bought this as a complete bike from a trading page on Facebook. The parts were pretty awful but I only wanted it for the frameset. Upon stripping it down I discovered that the threads on the P2 fork are screwed. I'll include them with the frame but consider them a freebie. After the seller refused to give even a partial refund I resigned it to the loft and lost interest. Now I'm going to cut my losses and move it on.

These were built by LA Cycles/Lee Cooper for Webster's bike shop. For those who don't know, have a Google; Lee Cooper is up there with the best British frame builders.

This is a little'un and measures up as follows:
Seat tube is 15" c-t, 12" c-c
Top tube is 20.25" actual, effective will be a touch longer
1 1/8" head tube (for 25.4mmm quill stem)
By my reckoning takes a 27.0mm post

A lovely mixture of lugs and fillet brazing and some useful features including crud guard bosses, chain catcher on the seat stay and mounts for an anti chain suck plate (plate not included). There are the usual scuffs and scratches but no dents or cracks.

Price is £130 including UK postage and I'll be happy to post overseas at cost. Payment by PayPal family/friends or goods +4%. I am also happy for local collection in Cornwall on a weekend. Postage may take a bit of time as I now work away from home during the week; but I'll make sure it's done within a week or two at most.

Feel free to ask any questions; I've typed all this on my phone and now running out of steam!

Re:

Oh, that is really gorgeous. Shame I'm having a clear out myself and am skint anyway! :facepalm:

Wonder if the P2's could be rethreaded somehow, or the steerer somehow welded to make it ahead....

GLWS Adrian, look forward to your other clearings out!

Re: Webster Tarantula frame (Lee Cooper built)

Thanks for the comments folks. I've been told it's built from Columbus SL but am unable to confirm 100%.

Gruff currently has dibs

Back