(SOLD) 1995 Marin Team Marin XT M737 "barn find special" :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybernck

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I've acquired this 1995 Marin Team Marin, fully original even down to the stock tyres!

Bike specs by Bikepedia: http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/Bike ... &Type=bike

I've only wiped it with wet tissues, so it will look a lot better with a little bit of TLC.

Specs:
- seat tube c-c: 48 cm
- seat tube c-t: 51 cm
- top tube c-c (actual): 58.5 cm
- head tube: 15 cm
- stem: 13 cm
- weight: 10.99 kg

Seems to be very low mileage but it has also just been sitting in storage for a VERY long time, so it needs some work done to it to bring it back to driveable condition, namely:
- several spoke nipples have broken, I think 2 on the front and 4 on the rear wheel (and one spoke in the rear wheels is missing)
- freehub seems to be stuck, so it will need to opened, cleaned up and regreased
- shifters are a bit sticky and not fully functional at present, so it's the same story as with the freehub
- frame needs the surface rust removed (and there is a small dent in the top tube)
- you need to do the usual general cleanup / degrease and obligatory change of all cables and outers
Other than that, there is no play in any of the bearings or moving parts, everything is rather smooth!

I've only bought it to save it, e.g. so that a Marin enthusiast would invest some TLC into it and bring it back to its former glory.

I need to get £150 or thereabouts plus shipping for the complete bike but if I fail to sell it complete - it will have to be parted out, as I don't really have an option of leaving it to sit here and take valuable space.

Do not hesitate to ask for more info.

Thanks, Nikica.

Re: 1995 Marin Team Marin XT M737 "barn find special" :)

Topic severely edited to make a properly constructed for sale post!

That's a lovely bike at that money... Bit of TLC and you have a real thoroughbred...

I definitely do exist :LOL:.

I'll try sending you a PM now... aaand it seems to have gone through fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back