Sunn Xchox 97

jaypee

Senior Retro Guru
The trouble with buying bikes that fit is they're hard to let go of. Most of my projects now fit me and this one doesn't. My son and I have done quite a bit of work on it, which has been fun for us and a good learning experience for him. But even he's probably too tall for this now and there's still a bit left to do. Also he's moved onto other bikes. So much as I'd like to finish this (it's one of my more interesting projects) I can't really justify the time and space, when I have so little of both, on a bike that's too small.

I've bought the replacement seal kit from France so the forks should now be fixable. I had a go but didn't really know what I was doing.

The back wheel needs a spoke. A bolt broke in the fork or stem (can't remember) but I got the remnants out so just needs a replacement bolt.

Aside from that it should be good to go, maybe a bit of tuning and wheels slightly need truing.

Mostly original, main non original part is crankset I think.

Probably about a 17" but will check.

Looking for about £70 plus post as that's what it owes me.

Will probably take me a bit of time to sort out postage as it's summer and I don't have a car.

Pics below in the links (catalogue page too), will take some current ones soon

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=267653
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=251861

Re:

Possibly interested in the forks, if you decide to split the bike, buddy ;)

Mike

Re: sunn xchox

So the forks have gone to Mike (good to meet you Mike!) other bits now available....

There are parts I'd be happy to keep but it's all potentially up for grabs if you're interested. I'm mainly keen to shift the frame on so let's say £25 plus post (I'd rather avoid posting...) for that, to include the bottom bracket and headset (well most of it as a freebie, the lower race is still on the fork steerer)

Re:

Good to meet you too, brother ;)

I would have had the frame had it been my size

GLWS ;)

Mike

Back